Where is padshop (trial) located ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to try Padshop, trial version, and it has seemingly installed itself. Although for my needs I need to find the place where the binary is. I've installed a good number of Windows plugins so it's a bit of a surprise that seemingly the usual folders do not reveal much, even with predefined 'Steinberg' folders already in place. I'm interested with the 64-bit version.

So where is the binary located ? And where are the patches while at it ?

Cheers.

On my system it's in the Padshop folder inside Steinberg/VSTPlugins inside Program Files.

Take a look in Program Files/Vstplugins, or Program Files (x86)/Vstplugins, when you installed the 32-bit version. The VST3 is, as usual, in the Program Files/Common/VST3 folder.

As for a "binary", i don't think it installs one. Unless you mean the DLL with that. Not sure where the patches are installed, but, IIRC, you can set the location for those in the installer, so... they should be where you located them when installing. :) They're in my Steinberg folder on the partition where i have my audio stuff.

Thanks for the replies.

I re-installed and payed more attention to what it was doing. Actually the install program fails after extracting files to a temporary folder. In such a case my approach is clear: drop it. I have so many that have installed in a snap that I will not waste time with a plugin that fails in installation.

Thanks again for the prompt replies !

Cheers.

Return to “Instruments”