What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Roland JD-Xi, System 8, SE02, SH01a, D05, JP08, Integra 7
Korg Prologue 16 voice that i downgraded to a 8 voice because i got a faulty one
Korg MS-20 Mini white which looks beautifull :love:
DSI Ob 6 Desktop and a prophet Rev 2 8 voice + 8 voice expansion.
2 NI Maschine MK 3 one for me and one for my Daughter.
Novation Peak.
IK Multimedia UNO Synth.
Behringer Model D, Deepmind 12.
Nord Lead A1
Behringer ADA 8200
Focusrite Scarlette 18i8
Esi u168xt which i never got to work since it was to unstable on my old and new pc.
New Computer + 16gb of extra Ram.
SoundForce Prophet 5 Controller which should arrive any day now.

I know i am missing something but can't remember the rest at the moment.
I trimmed the hw setup down to the synths i liked the most and that i had time to learn inside out since it got to much to quickly :hihi:

The hw i kept is:

Korg MS-20 Because of it's unique filter and sound.
Behringer DeepMind 12 since i now all the tricks to get the most out of it + i love the sound.
Roland JD-Xi, SE-02 and the JP08.
The JD-Xi stayed because i liked the sound and it is unique in my setup since it has drums, vocoder and autotune on top of it.
Really like the sound of the SE-02 and the JP08 too so they stayed + they barely takes up any space and same with the IK Multimedia UNO.

The Soundforce Prophet Controller and Arturia Prophet V + Repro will Replace my DSI Prophet Rev 2.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

This has been a somewhat 'spendy' year for me, but still not toooo bad.

In May I bought a VOX AC15 head and 212 cab. It has an attenuator switch that allows me to play fairly loud in our flat without driving neighbours to murder. Worth every penny. I sold a Taylor guitar to pay for it.
VOX copy.jpg
BOSS GT-8 (good deal, 2nd hand);
IK Multimedia Syntronik; meh.
IK T-RackS 4 group buy; 10 processors. I prefer IKM's effects to their instruments.

And this ought to arrive on Tuesday: Gretsch G5422G-12 Electromatic, Walnut stain. I'll be selling my HB 12 and an Artcore to offset some of the cost for this. Which will mean, when everything's done, I'll have 1 less guitar around here, which isn't a bad thing.
Gretsch-G5422G-12-Electromatic-Hollow-Body-Double-Cut-12-String-Walnut-Stain_1280.jpg
Last edited by Bombadil on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

For everyone posting software: this thread is in the Hardware section... :wink:

e@rs wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:32 pm For everyone posting software: this thread is in the Hardware section... :wink:
Sorry, it was my mistake to start posting (also) software in this thread :oops:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

^No worries. I was just saying...

Are we beyond therapy?

Obviously I'm envious of you guys who can afford these things. And for a long time I was one of the have's spending untold dollars on equipment. These days the money isn't coming around and I'm mired in debt. Something I've tried for decades to recover from.

I have a friend of mine who is a multi-instrumentalist singer songwriter. He's had the same rig/studio since Y2K; has plenty of disposable income and financial security, yet somehow continues to write new music year in and year out.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Oh, I am definitely beyond therapy.

I do get feeling envy. It used to happen to me all the time in my 20's into my 30's, when I was in university, and people would ask me to join their bands--with the catch that I go out and buy the necessary equipment. I didn't have the money to do that, and I certainly wasn't going to quit school to work to pay for it. At that time, I had a cheap Ibanez electric (still have it), an old Norman acoustic, and a little practice amp bought from some mail-order catalog in the 60's. I spent a good chunk of my life with just the bare bones. Now, I don't have to. :)
Last edited by Bombadil on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Make Noise Cartesian.

Image :D

pekbro wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:15 pm Make Noise Cartesian.

Image :D
i have that as part of my rack
:tu:
some great modules 8)
have fun :D

Thanks vurt! My foray into eurorack. I’m pretty excited about it. :)

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 am HW:

Behringer ADA 8200
How's this working out?
I have been thinking of adding one to my ancient Emu 1212m sound card to link the ADAT outs to some of my old hardware gear.. old drawmer comp, Alesis quadraverb and other gear and maybe my old ferrograph tape machine and then back into the 1212m.
How do you use it? Like this or just for the pre_amps?

Hardware only makes it easier.
Gretsch Powerjet
MPC Live
AKAI MPK88
Roli Seaboard Block
Expensive year, but one advantage of living in a tech area is a great craigslist for used equipment! All of this I bought used, the Live and Block were both still under warranty even!

toonertik wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:33 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 am HW:

Behringer ADA 8200
How's this working out?
I have been thinking of adding one to my ancient Emu 1212m sound card to link the ADAT outs to some of my old hardware gear.. old drawmer comp, Alesis quadraverb and other gear and maybe my old ferrograph tape machine and then back into the 1212m.
How do you use it? Like this or just for the pre_amps?
I use the extra adat channels by connecting it to my scarlett with a Digital Toslink cable so i get 16 channels of audio in my DAW instead of 8.

I bought the ESI U168XT in hope of getting everything in one box but it doesn't work at all on any of my pc's and i contacted the support around 6.months ago and still haven't got a reply from them.

DSI Pro 2

My wish list for 2019:
- Behringer ADA 8200
- Microphone
- Akai Fire

No more hardware synths for me - the studio room is full. (The Akai Fire is for outside the studio)

e@rs wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:32 pm For everyone posting software: this thread is in the Hardware section... :wink:
:dog:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”