What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

waltercruz wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:36 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:32 pm For everyone posting software: this thread is in the Hardware section... :wink:
:dog:
:?:

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:51 pm
Gretsch Powerjet
Nice. :)

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 am
I use the extra adat channels by connecting it to my scarlett with a Digital Toslink cable so i get 16 channels of audio in my DAW instead of 8.

I bought the ESI U168XT in hope of getting everything in one box but it doesn't work at all on any of my pc's and i contacted the support around 6.months ago and still haven't got a reply from them.
:tu:
So no round tripping for you then :wink:
Are you happy with the sound quality, I wonder how the MIDAS pres are now... way way back in the 70's I had a couple of the MIDAS mixers for live work.. great mixers.

toonertik wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 am
I use the extra adat channels by connecting it to my scarlett with a Digital Toslink cable so i get 16 channels of audio in my DAW instead of 8.

I bought the ESI U168XT in hope of getting everything in one box but it doesn't work at all on any of my pc's and i contacted the support around 6.months ago and still haven't got a reply from them.
:tu:
So no round tripping for you then :wink:
Are you happy with the sound quality, I wonder how the MIDAS pres are now... way way back in the 70's I had a couple of the MIDAS mixers for live work.. great mixers.
The sound quality is great and sounds the same as the pres on the the Scarlett with no hiss or other artifacts :tu:

It's he-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-e!!!

Out of the box, intonation and action bang-on. Needs to settle due to temperature changes, but it seems to be a keeper! A couple of pics in a while....

It's gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Here is a (terrible) picture. Have to wait until dark to get a nice shot. This one in no way does the guitar justice.

Made in Korea.
Unplugged, the Gretsch has a nice resonance. It really doesn't need an amp for practice in the middle of the night, or something.
Plugged in...oh BLISS! My wife said 'let's hear some Byrds!' And I did a medley of Turn! Turn! Turn! Feel A Whole Lot Better, and Mr. Tambourine Man. The Gretsch pretty much nails the tone.
The action I may play with a touch, but not very much. As I mentioned, intonation is spot on. I've rarely pulled a guitar out of the box and have it so well setup.
It is a touch on the heavy side, but still fine.
P1140336.jpg
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Lovely :love:

Not much.
Shure 7B.
Guitar capo G7II
Studio acoustic treatment set.

Just picked up a used MIDI Fighter Spectra yesterday. It's awesome. Crazy fast sample/drum trigger speed.

I still want to get a new computer monitor before the years is over.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:04 pm Studio acoustic treatment set.
How much did you spend on that? Any particular brand?

Bombadil wrote: Here is a (terrible) picture. Have to wait until dark to get a nice shot. This one in no way does the guitar justice.
Nice! Congrats :tu:

Bombadil, ever bought any guitars from reverb.com? Just wondering as I have been thinking about it, but have no experience getting anything that way.

Thanks.

Heh, I want one of those Powerjets after seeing that :D

No, I don't really know anything about them, though I've come across links to them in the course of my obsessive 'hunt' phase.
It's a great guitar. It is a bit weird that 12 strings are my most expensive guitars, electric and acoustic. It would've been cool if the Harley Benton did it for me, but nope.
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am Here is a (terrible) picture. Have to wait until dark to get a nice shot. This one in no way does the guitar justice.

Made in Korea.

P1140336.jpg
Can't go wrong with Peerless made hollow and semi hollow no matter what the brand.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Bombadil wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:10 pm No, I don't really know anything about them, though I've come across links to them in the course of my obsessive 'hunt' phase.
It's a great guitar. It is a bit weird that 12 strings are my most expensive guitars, electric and acoustic. It would've been cool if the Harley Benton did it for me, but nope.
Re: Reverb.com... Ok thanks :)

e@rs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:33 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:04 pm Studio acoustic treatment set.
How much did you spend on that? Any particular brand?
Was-7 x 4 Absorbers+ Charcoal 4 bass traps. About 550 euros.
I.e. nothing too fancy. More important is, how you install the set. There are pretty good instructions available in the net, but check at least half dozen of those, and make your own summary.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”