Propellerhead announces Complex-1 Modular Synth for Reason

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:26 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm I was considering between updating Dune to v3, or getting Viper or Hive.

Now I know where I'll spend the money instead :D
You can't be serious... :lol:
I am, actually. I find Reason's instruments much more inspiring than most VSTs, simply because they are tightly integrated in a rack, have usable presets and the workflow is focused, ie. they're focused on efficiency and speed.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 pmTo be totally honest, i was wondering a bit too... can't see how this has anything in common with Dune 3/Viper/Hive.
LOL. The only thing they have in common is they cost money, which I have limited quantity of. And also they all make sound. I don't need very specific sound. I need good sound and any of them can deliver.
Music tech enthusiast

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 pm To be totally honest, i was wondering a bit too... can't see how this has anything in common with Dune 3/Viper/Hive.
I think you missed his (OP's) point. It may have nothing to do with any of those three, but Complex-1 clearly is more interesting to him as a synth in Reason. :party:

*EDIT: oops - I see he responded to you above. :dog:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:02 pmGive me the name of another west coast inpsired vst ?
Complex-1 = west-coast inspired? With lowpass/highpass filter and adsr envelope?? :wink:

Softube Modular
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm Softube Modular
...is a modular environment. This is a modular-inspired synth, like Ace/Bazille, TAL-Mod, MiniBrute, Neutron, Moog Mother 32, etc.
Music tech enthusiast

Rastkovic wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:49 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:02 pmGive me the name of another west coast inpsired vst ?
Complex-1 = west-coast inspired? With lowpass/highpass filter and adsr envelope?? :wink:
Seems that you are in the dark , or are blind and deaf
But I think you are not even aware what west coast synthesis is , it's even obvious from the screenshot
But , yeah it is west coast based , complex oscillator , low pass gate etc..
...and yes it also has a basic subtractive filter
I
Have a look at the promo video , they are clearly winking to 'make NOise ' modules ..which are also west coast based eurorack modules
Think once in a while before you post crap :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:42 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 pmTo be totally honest, i was wondering a bit too... can't see how this has anything in common with Dune 3/Viper/Hive.
LOL. The only thing they have in common is they cost money, which I have limited quantity of. And also they all make sound. I don't need very specific sound. I need good sound and any of them can deliver.
Alright. Didn't want to sound disparaging. I was just a bit confused, because Dune 3, Viper and Hive are sort of the same kind of synths, while this is totally different.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm
Alright. Didn't want to sound disparaging. I was just a bit confused, because Dune 3, Viper and Hive are sort of the same kind of synths, while this is totally different.
No worries :) I'll probably rent-to-own Complex-1 and still upgrade Dune :D
Music tech enthusiast

I would be more excited about this if I hadn't just spent a ton on an actual modular synth. :ud:
Nice for those who haven't done that though... Personally, I am hoping to be cured of the
need for such digital equivalents. Although tbh, vcv, st modular etc, never appealed to me
in the first place. :shrug:

I might grab this during a good sale though :tu:

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:21 pm I'll probably rent-to-own Complex-1 and still upgrade Dune :D
Didn't see that Propellerhead offer rent-to-own now as well. Nice. :) I really hope rent-to-own will gain more acceptance.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm
Also not really. Dune 3 is a bit special here since it‘s almost kind of semi-modular.
Even can do something most modulars can‘t (or just with tons of modules).

pekbro wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 pm
I might grab this during a good sale though :tu:
Yep

rod_zero wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm Softube Modular...
Is a failure :P
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 pm
rod_zero wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm Softube Modular...
Is a failure :P
How is it a failure?

Return to “Instruments”