Propellerhead announces Complex-1 Modular Synth for Reason

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pmThink once in a while before you post crap :tu:
Uh, okay. Wrong answer. :)

You ask for another west-coast inspired synth, but this one has only some influence (and by the way, it is much better than a 100% true west-coast synth). Maybe you have to check Complex-1 first, and not only watch the promo video before you start a discussion....

I am seriously underwhelmed by this modular by Propellerheads considering what is avaible, I was expecting mre closer to softube moodular where you can actually... move modules, add them and delete them.

Nevertheless something where Reaktor is still king is in the sequencer department.
dedication to flying

WCS is the only thing left that doesn't bore me to tears as far as programming goes. Too bad this thing isn't a VST. Thor, now this. Two synths I would have loved to have.

Tried it! It is actually amazing in the sense that sound character is something completely unheard of (in Reason that is). No this is not Viper or Dune or Hive replacement at all. It is like weird quirky synth machine with a strong character but in it's own territory when it comes to sound. That's my observation.

A really cool device.

rod_zero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:21 am I am seriously underwhelmed by this modular by Propellerheads considering what is avaible, I was expecting mre closer to softube moodular where you can actually... move modules, add them and delete them.

Nevertheless something where Reaktor is still king is in the sequencer department.
Are you also disappointed with Ace, Bazille, Aalto or TAL-Mod, because they've not like VCV, Reaktor or Voltage? :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:52 am
rod_zero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:21 am I am seriously underwhelmed by this modular by Propellerheads considering what is avaible, I was expecting mre closer to softube moodular where you can actually... move modules, add them and delete them.

Are you also disappointed with Ace, Bazille, Aalto or TAL-Mod, because they've not like VCV, Reaktor or Voltage? :dog:
Mhhh, Most of these are polyphonic and offer microtuning as well (and not so blurry GUI).

Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 amMhhh, Most of these are polyphonic and offer microtuning as well (and not so blurry GUI).
So? It's a choice - have you heard of monosynths, or actually paraphonic synths? Not sure about microtuning, but since it has a quantizer that's there to quantize the notes, then maybe it is capable of doing it? Blurry GUI is a general Reason's problem on high-DPI screens, so I it isn't any different for other REs or pluggins running in that DAW...

You might not like what made, but don't compare it with things it wasn't supposed to be :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:37 am
Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 amMhhh, Most of these are polyphonic and offer microtuning as well (and not so blurry GUI).
So? It's a choice - have you heard of monosynths, or actually paraphonic synths? Not sure about microtuning, but since it has a quantizer that's there to quantize the notes, then maybe it is capable of doing it? Blurry GUI is a general Reason's problem on high-DPI screens, so I it isn't any different for other REs or pluggins running in that DAW...

You might not like what made, but don't compare it with things it wasn't supposed to be :)
Oh i think it‘s really good and if i would use mainly Reason i would buy. As VST/AU i think the competition is far ahead in terms of east and west coast synthesis.
The blurry GUI....O.K. i just don‘t accept this maybe as much as others in 2018, soon 2019.
If they port it for iPad i would love it!

Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:50 amThe blurry GUI....O.K. i just don‘t accept this maybe as much as others in 2018, soon 2019.
Oh, if you knew me you'd know I'm one of the most vocal critics of Reason's low-res GUI, so I won't argue here - merely stating the fact :)
Music tech enthusiast

VAZ Modular

perfumer wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:22 am VAZ Modular
You're clueless. Read last 2-3 pages.
Music tech enthusiast

Does it come with a magnifying glass?

loungepanda wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 am Does it come with a magnifying glass?
What for? If anything, it's too big - it takes 2/3 of the screen on Surface Pro 4 :P
Music tech enthusiast

aallvor wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:06 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 pm
rod_zero wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm Softube Modular...
Is a failure :P
How is it a failure?
Too much to explain in a post. Better read the proper thread.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:50 am
aallvor wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:06 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 pm
rod_zero wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm Softube Modular...
Is a failure :P
How is it a failure?
Too much to explain in a post. Better read the proper thread.
I am interested in this too. Where is the thread?

I am using SM a lot lately, I think it sounds gorgeous. The UI could be better and the cpu consumption is high, but I don´t see it as a "failure" at all.

BTW, Complex-1 is very nice. Shame that there isn´t a vst version.

Return to “Instruments”