Waldorf - 50% and Blofeld/Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waldorf has a 50% off sale on software until Dec. 31, 2018.
I have a hardware Blofeld and was wondering if it'd be worth getting Largo.
Thoughts?

Well, it's my favourite soft synth (besides Reaktor), but i don't know if it's worth for you.

There is an trial version, use it. You also need an account for purchase, so it doesn't matter when you need to sign up for the trial download....

https://waldorfmusic.com/en/30-days-trial-versions

Noticed this sale as well, Largo is well worth getting at 50% off in my opinion. Ended up using it quite a bit.

I made a video about Largo earlier here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuoxudVm07M

As for Blofeld vs Largo I think most people prefer the sound of the Blofeld. You can also get the expansion for it which allows you to load samples, which you can't get for Largo.
However there is always something to be said for the convenience of software :wink:
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

How do you reset the Largo demo? I tried it like 6 years ago. Can’t remember if it’s any good.
Last edited by v1o on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm How do you reset the Blofeld demo? I tried it like 6 years ago. Can’t remember if it’s any good.
Perhaps you mean Largo?

There is a pretty good comparison available online: https://modulatethis.com/2011/07/23/wal ... s-blofeld/

Sound wise, i'd say they are 99% the same. The bass boost is stronger on Largo than it is on the Blofeld (where the bass boost is always active), and, there are a few other differences, like the PPG filter on the Blofeld, which the Largo doesn't have. The wavetables are 100% the same on both synths. Largo obviously has a much higher polyphone (256 voices against 25 voices on the Blofeld). The Blofeld is multitimbral, Largo has 4 different layers.

I had the Blofeld here for a couple of days, and decided to send it back, because i preferred working with Largo. If you do decide you want to buy Largo, you can control Largo with the Blofeld, as the CC's are pre-mapped for use with the Blofeld hardware.
Rastkovic wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:38 pm Well, it's my favourite soft synth (besides Reaktor)
Same here. Very punchy, creamy, organic synth. Also, the Q wavetables (Alt1 and Alt2) absolutely rock.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

50% off ($156 USD) is still too much for an old plugin like largo
on top of that it uses elisencer crap. get it down to 50 bucks and switch to a regular old serial registration and i might consider it.
Last edited by layzer on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:18 pm 50% off is still too much for an old plugin like largo
on top of that it uses elisencer crap. get it down to 50 bucks and switch to a regular old serial registration and i might consider it.
It actually has serial activation since 2 years or so. Also, it kind of puzzles me that you find that a "old plugin" is not worth it. Aren't you on Windows XP only using old plugins? :D What does that say anyway... Largo still blows away all of the plugins in your sig. And probably the rest that you own as well.

Largo for the price you can get it now is a absolute bargain.

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:21 pm Aren't you on Windows XP only using old plugins? :D What does that say anyway... Largo still blows away all of the plugins in your sig. And probably the rest that you own as well.
it says i like a fast, lightweight OS, an equally speedy DAW (EXT2) and older plugins that dont kill the CPU, what does that have to do with largo being worth $156 :smack:

and, i know all the plugins in my sig inside and out and i can sound design them to sound better than anything you could ever muster with your Spire or anything else you have. dont make me have to prove it and make you look like a fool.
Last edited by layzer on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It was worth pointing out, though, that Largo is now serial protected--no elicenser anymore

layzer wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:21 pm Aren't you on Windows XP only using old plugins? :D What does that say anyway... Largo still blows away all of the plugins in your sig. And probably the rest that you own as well.
it says i like a fast, lightweight OS, an equally speedy DAW (EXT2) and older plugins that dont kill the CPU, what does that have to do with largo being worth $156 :smack:

and, i know all the plugins in my sig inside and out and i can sound design them to sound better than anything you could ever muster with your Spire or anything else you have. dont make me have to prove it and make you look like a fool.
Take your medicine, please :hihi:

JRRshop has Largo for $84.50 (plus the usual voucher codes perhaps?) for whatever it’s worth.

BeeDog wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:37 pm JRRshop has Largo for $84.50 (plus the usual voucher codes perhaps?) for whatever it’s worth.
Best Service has it at $71.40

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Take your medicine, please :hihi:
There is no medicine against a hubris. :D

please do :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”