Wave Alchemy Drumvolution - An alternative with own sample import

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
AcrossTheSky
KVRist
207 posts since 3 Jul, 2016

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi,

...wondering if there is a plugin as good as this one with your own sample import capability..

Anyone using it already...looks like a new product by Wave Alchemy..

:clap:

telecharge
KVRist
450 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Re: Wave Alchemy Drumvolution - An alternative with own sample import

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Not sure how much of it is new, as it's a revamped Evolution.

See this thread: https://kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 151e712839

There was a pretty good discussion here about drum programs with sample import, but I can't find it at the moment. From what I recall Battery, Geist, Groove Agent, and Ableton drum racks were some of the favorites.

Other than sample import, what features are most important to you?

AcrossTheSky
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi,
What would be nice..is
A great nr of modulation options,
Being able to automate settings too,/I use
Stutter Edit Breaktweaker gross beat..
Don't have cableguys plugins..etc.

What I saw on a tutorial is that there are loads of patterns ready for use = good fun experimenting = quick workflow...sound sculpting possibilities...

Being able to.. lets say just get a few plugins that have great options and possibilities makes sense to me..
Something for all sort of glitch acid sorts of tracks is what im after atmo...
...nice to have the many vintage drum machine sounds build in...but also import yr own ..sounds interesting..cheers.

Gribs
KVRian
904 posts since 9 Feb, 2007 from San Ramon, California

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Given the cross-grade or sale price, the size and quality of its included library, and the ability to adjust any particular drum sound in a number of ways, I don't think the lack of user sample import is a big deal.

Is there any other scripted Kontakt instrument that makes poly-rhythms possible?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10207 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Battery has no sequencer, but a big number of uality kits. Geist is not discontinued afaik, but there were talkings about it's future. Tremor, Microtonic, Heartbeat have sequencers but are synthesis only and not samples. Same with D16 units iirc. Xils-lab StiX has synthesis and samples, meaning you can achieve vintage drum machines sounds by both ways, and blend them also. You can also import samples. And the XoX sequencer is probaly the most advanced and sophisticated of it's kind. It comes with a few thousands presets, and finally it will get a significant update soon. It might be overkill for your needs though. Ni Maschine can also import samples, has a sequencer, and a particular but sophisticated workflow. There are probably other choices, as there are plenty of virtual drum machines.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

sidrat
KVRist
473 posts since 10 Aug, 2004

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Lotuzia wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm
Xils-lab StiX has synthesis and samples, meaning you can achieve vintage drum machines sounds by both ways, and blend them also. You can also import samples. And the XoX sequencer is probaly the most advanced and sophisticated of it's kind. It comes with a few thousands presets
There's also Arturia Spark which is probably the most similar in features and use to Xils. It does samples/synthesis, tons of vintage drum machines / emulations, sample importing, stacking, tons of presets, patterns, XoX sequencer, etc. Plus, I think it has a better interface (just IMO). Also, you can get it as part of the SparkLE hardware bundle for about the same price as the others and there's even an iPad version of the app: https://www.arturia.com/products/ipad-s ... k/overview

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10207 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 am

sidrat wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:20 pm
Lotuzia wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm
Xils-lab StiX has synthesis and samples, meaning you can achieve vintage drum machines sounds by both ways, and blend them also. You can also import samples. And the XoX sequencer is probaly the most advanced and sophisticated of it's kind. It comes with a few thousands presets
There's also Arturia Spark which is probably the most similar in features and use to Xils. It does samples/synthesis, tons of vintage drum machines / emulations, sample importing, stacking, tons of presets, patterns, XoX sequencer, etc. Plus, I think it has a better interface (just IMO). Also, you can get it as part of the SparkLE hardware bundle for about the same price as the others and there's even an iPad version of the app: https://www.arturia.com/products/ipad-s ... k/overview
Yes Spark :dog: Spark interface is entirely tabbed (you see main screen or mixer or synthesis or studio etc), while StiX is a one window instrument where everything is always visible, and tabs only used to go from normal to advanced functions for a part of the GUI (synthesis, sequencer, etc). No system is better than another, and this is certainly where the differences between Spark and StiX are immediatly visible.

Besides this, Spark and StiX are also more different than one can think of at first sight. But yes, Spark checks all the boxes for the OP.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

AcrossTheSky
KVRist

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:00 am

..has anyone upgraded from wave alchemy revolution to Drumvolution?...wondering what discount there is...

Evolution is not available anywhere...

Cheers.

sidrat
KVRist

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:56 am

I see Revolution is on sale for a good price right now. Maybe that'd be a good upgrade path to Drumvolution if that's the way the OP wants to go?

AcrossTheSky
KVRist

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm

sidrat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:56 am
I see Revolution is on sale for a good price right now. Maybe that'd be a good upgrade path to Drumvolution if that's the way the OP wants to go?
YES,

You'll get 50% off if you own Revolution.

SirKen
KVRist
368 posts since 19 Oct, 2012

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:34 pm

AcrossTheSky wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm
sidrat wrote:
YES,

Is it 50% off the intro price or the full retail price?

sidrat
KVRist

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:37 pm

SirKen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:34 pm
AcrossTheSky wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm
sidrat wrote:
YES,

Is it 50% off the intro price or the full retail price?
Ha, I was just going to ask that. ;)

EDIT: So, if the upgrade from Revolution is 50% off of the -intro- price, it seems like it'd be about $113 USD which is the same as the intro price. But, if it's 50% off of the -full- price, that'd be about $152 USD total. Either way probably not any reason to buy Revolution to upgrade it.

Still, I'd seriously investigate an Arturia SparkLE controller (which comes bundled with the full version of Spark) for $149. Kinda' seems like a no-brainer, IMO. Especially for the money ;)
Last edited by sidrat on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

softska
KVRian
777 posts since 1 Sep, 2008 from US

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:56 pm

it's 50% off intro price, get it

To OP question, different design of UI but Geist 2 hit pretty close (and some more)

christian f.
KVRist
158 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 am

Geist 2 is a Beast ! WIth TONS of modulation options and other tricks no other drum machine / sampler can do.
Ditto for Tremor as a pure drum synth ....too bad it's discontinued, but I hope for it to be integrated in Geist 3.

Spark is pretty good for mixing synth and samples and almost feels like a total production center with the modular synth , sequencer and performance capabilities and as mentioned above has a dedicated controller. No brainer in my opinion too.

I'm a total drum machine hardware / software fanatic and collector, but I could never click with Stix somehow.
Good specs, but it never made it in a track.

simmo75
KVRAF
1800 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:21 am

christian f. wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 am
Geist 2 is a Beast ! WIth TONS of modulation options and other tricks no other drum machine / sampler can do.
Ditto for Tremor as a pure drum synth ....too bad it's discontinued, but I hope for it to be integrated in Geist 3.

Spark is pretty good for mixing synth and samples and almost feels like a total production center with the modular synth , sequencer and performance capabilities and as mentioned above has a dedicated controller. No brainer in my opinion too.

I'm a total drum machine hardware / software fanatic and collector, but I could never click with Stix somehow.
Good specs, but it never made it in a track.
I totally agree with you about StiX, it’s so unintuitive! Still no drag n drop sequencer with it...

Return to “Instruments”