The Most Advanced Arpeggiator Based Synths ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll just pop in and state that actual DAW's and their piano rolls, isn't what I'm asking about really. If that was the case I'd have posted it in the DAW forum section.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

LOL Yo i can't believe people are actually answering with the piano roll of FL Studio what in the entire fxck? LOL.

Anyways as far as sequencing goes my 2 favorite at the moment is Flow Motion with it's ability to turn presets into an arp and Ignites Sektor has a very advanced sequencer.

I love arps. I had my own take on wacky arpeggiator in Kontakt, I wouldn't know how much advanced it is in comparison, as I didn't really used much new synths. This one is a retro-variation, it goes beyond standard in some accepts, I think. How much, I'm not sure, maybe you could tell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75cXUZUhg1k
The arp overview begins around 7:00 and pretty much goes until the end of the video.

In really 'out there' arp area I made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Secx_fC4Q
The arp mode overview starts at 5:24. Could be called a 'game-arp'. Then, it's Kontakt again, so not sure if it qualifies as synth.

An extra vote for Ana2. I like the arp in Viper as well.
Both send midi out.

Multi-layered synths that can run as many different arps at once as there are layers active, eg., Omnisphere, Avenger, Rapid…, get my vote for most advanced in-synth arps. I especially like Omnisphere's which offers drag and drop of MIDI files for groove extraction to the arp. Hard to go elsewhere after you taste the power of that, along with the extensive modulation options for many arp parameters there.
Falcon's also multi-layered, and it's got a very powerful and deep arp, plus it's only one part of F's entire "Event" collection, basically MIDI scripts that can add many unusual options to any arp.

Arps that run other synths are plenty, but my favorites are not the usual ones.
Kontakt as a MIDI-out device, rather than a sample-player, is insanely powerful and varied, even if you only stick to the factory scripts, which include a fairly typical arp, but with way more than the usual cycle modes. Start adding 3rd-party libraries with custom scripts along with the samples they offer and the roof blows off. Arpology is no doubt currently at the top of that heap, options and $$$-wise; Cracklefield is a superb example of a not expensive but not equalled either arp/sequencer. (I consider any sequencer that can be transposed in RT with MIDI-note entry a sort of arp, sorry if that fails your definition.)

EDIT—Ah, yes, just see above:)
Useful thread on this topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=495526

Which brings me to my total fav, Reaktor, which provides access to many unusual sequencers and arps via both 3rd-party products and free stuff in the User Library. There's a video walk-through of my favorite on YT (search Motion Clusters), which is also my favorite seq of all time, transposable of course, and free, once you have Reaktor.

Going beyond into the realm of composing with arps, definitely check out Rapid Composer, which isn't an arpeggiator at all, but makes it very easy to create a huge variety of MIDI note patterns and map them to any sort of chord progression composition, not just transposing the pattern but doing so diatonically. You can run it in real time going into any plugin you want, but not with realtime note-entry transposition. So, not an arp, but one ultimate logical extension of the patterns running chords concept, in my world anyway.

Waldorf Largo :)
You can add single notes and Chord arp on the same preset where it might play 2 mono and 1 chord and mono again + the arp have other cool options too.

Stefken wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:26 pm An extra vote for Ana2. I like the arp in Viper as well.
Both send midi out.
Cool! Ana2 looks really impressive. Some good arp walk-thrus on YT…

Yep; pianoroll

+1 ANA2
Arpeggiator with Chord Mod is quite nice feature.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:47 am Arpeggiators have been an important creative part of my own music, from as far back to the mid to late 1990's...
I am a huge fan of Arpeggiators. I love playing synths with multiple Arps with different speeds, directions etc.

It's not to replace normal playing but to trigger series of notes that would not be possible for all but the most seasoned player Like Rudess and perhaps not even him.

I consider the Arpeggiator a musical instrument to be played and hence enjoyed just like playing normal keyboard. Playing within the groove and letting notes play off each other is a great joy for me.

Having said that I guess in my arsenal Avenger would probably have one of the most complex Arps. luSH101 can have 8 different Arps not that you'd ever need so many but they are there if you do.

Dune 3's second Arp has inspired many patches here ( I asked for it to have 8 as well but will settle for the two)...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dune 3 and Hive.

Spurred on by this thread I just banged out this patch for Dune 3. For those of you with midi keyboards play octaves with your left hand and a three note chord with your right. Let the two Arps play off of each other. Keep the groove while changing chords, and individual notes. Not a musical style that's to everyone's taste for sure but I really enjoy playing patches like this:
Dune 3 Fun with Arps.zip
Just to emphasize the difference between playing an Arpeggiator and programing an arpeggio in a Piano Roll.... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:07 pm For those who said they were unsure what I'm asking here... I'll clarify.

In essence though...it's a projected question of what is currently harnessed in the software based synths we have already that comprises arpeggiation functionality beyond that of the norm that other dedicated software and perhaps hardware is able to provide. Synths that take the concept of arpeggiation to the next level or that of synths where arpeggiation is the core foundation of it, other than the sounds in which it is able to produce. Also when I say projected question...I'm also talking about new software synths and those that may not exist yet and have features that you would like if they were available in the future.
So what is your god damn question? :lol:

No one likes reading novels... :D

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:07 pmSynths that take the concept of arpeggiation to the next level
In Hive you can use the arpeggiator and the sequencer at the same time, with the arpeggiator transposing the sequence. So you can add different octave change patterns than the arpeggiator offers, and you can run the sequence at a different length than the arpeggiator (if you wish). You can also use the sequencer's Velocity, step tie and MIDI CC sequence to control sound changes.

The combo is furthermore decoupled from the synth's voice mode, so you can use the arpeggiator/sequencer with any poly or monophonic mode.

Unlike the concept of "arpeggiator with a control sequence", I nowadays believe that separating those into individual entities has advantages, e.g. because they can run at different rates. And of course, they are more easy to use and accessible than complex arpeggiators with a dozen different modes.

I love the Arp/Seq in Hive....which is why I asked for another one.... :hihi:
(yes I know not possible but an old man can dream)
Hive Fun with ArpSeq.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”