Amiga Mods - mastering advice

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the address is ftp://ftp.modland.com/

Yes I used Fasttracker 2.08 a lot, as quite a fan of it and i had a 486pc at that time. RenderXM is a good solution. The quality is quite good , but at that time the samples used where not, well most samples where not of a good quality.
You might try AAMS, www.curioza.com.
The XM quality is about the same as an MP3 so you might miss some frequencyranges, most likely on the High end and Real Bottom lows some, this needs some consideration. Because if the frequency range is 10-15000Khz , it's not a good idea to add frequencies in the 15000-22000 Khz range with some EQing, this might bring up some unwanted sounds.
For the rest i do think a good master can be done with the usual tools for mastering :hihi:

eh, www.curioza.com , forget the '.' at the end... :P

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:the address is ftp://ftp.modland.com/
That link still dont work :?
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Manc Chris wrote:Seems this renewed interest has crashed the Modland server. Can anyone get in ?

http://ftp.modland.com/
the address is ftp://ftp.modland.com/
Also you'd better use a dedicated FTP application such as Filezilla rather than a web browser. It does work like that. I have just tried it. You get connected to Modland in a couple of seconds.

I've used Alexeys wonderful RenderXM to drop instruments into separate wavefiles, then mix them again in cubase, with appropriate effects. Its not a big deal when you get how it is done with RenderXM.

(oh god there seems to be loadsa copies of my/our unfinished testtracks on amp :( )
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

What about playing out in reatime from Amiga, muting each channel then recording it? I run Amiga into an analog desk then from desk through A/D converter soundcard and rec on PC. If you're into mastering do you have an old DAT machine, this could be an alternative? As said before (I know it was years ago lol) what about recording each sound from tracker with this method and re-arranging/sequencing in your DAW.

This is a thread from 13 years ago

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

nineofkings wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:00 am This is a thread from 13 years ago
and this thread brings memories way older than 13 years ago, like 30 years ago :phones:

Aciddose said it already... if one doesnt have real Amiga anymore.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

OpenMPT also works well for .mod files, as well as most other popular tracker formats. It even supports FM channels from S3M files now.

I don’t see why most posters recommend exporting stems and summing in a daw. That change the sound too far from the original Amiga. I’d recommend exporting the stereo mix and sticking it into a mastering chain. That would give you the original 16 bit sound but remastered.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I started on FastTracker in the 90s making jungle. The Amiga rocked. So dear to my heart.

Which reminds me, can you play Dark Seed on Steam?

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:03 am I don’t see why most posters recommend exporting stems and summing in a daw. That change the sound too far from the original Amiga. I’d recommend exporting the stereo mix and sticking it into a mastering chain. That would give you the original 16 bit sound but remastered.
Good call ;) For some reason everything seemed to Gel together with trackers on the Amiga. Do you think it's the use of D/A that does it?

Return to “Effects”