Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:22 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:20 pm Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
Kylie Minogue has a pet Aardvark.
strewth!
rack off ramsey!
is that its name?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

the kylie minilogue?

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:26 pm the kylie minilogue?
her aardvark. cos it'd be quite a clever name to give it if it was.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:25 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 pm
bmrzycki wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:18 pm I started playing with synths around 2006 so I don't have any nostalgia to speak of. I'll demo things if the demo isn't onerous or rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw. If it sounds good and makes me smile I consider it a good synth. I don't really care if it's a reproduction or a new design, just make it interesting. :shrug:
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
Kylie Minogue doesnt rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw ?
Kyle Maclachlan does!

no idea, you n bones are the kylie experts :lol:

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:27 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:25 pm
bmrzycki wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:18 pm I started playing with synths around 2006 so I don't have any nostalgia to speak of. I'll demo things if the demo isn't onerous or rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw. If it sounds good and makes me smile I consider it a good synth. I don't really care if it's a reproduction or a new design, just make it interesting. :shrug:
Yes, cool, but how does this relate to the interesting things discussed on the previous pages?
Kylie Minogue doesnt rely on cumbersome copy protection sw/hw ?
Kyle Maclachlan does!
Yeah, I hear he uses twin Novation Peaks.

Lot of very bored people today.

I gotta go out and get a mic stand.

Later.

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm no idea, you n bones are the kylie experts :lol:
Im not really an expert, I can just read a Wikipedia page without getting confused.

:hihi:

Lot of very creative people today.

I gotta go out and get a Latte Macchiato.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:33 pm Lot of very creative people today.

I gotta go out and get a Latte Macchiato.
See you latter, then.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm Are we going to break the world record for the most derailed topic? I wouldn‘t mind.
Are there experts who could measure the derailness? For sure extra big letters for underscoring the right to be right (off topic) would help to reach that goal. At least if we count the space and not the words...
The problem is, being OT is the norm around here. What would be unusual would be if we stayed on topic for a whole thread. I doubt that has ever happened.
Oh there are threads started by sarahcommand with 0 responses. Ok those are the only ones...

Never repeat jokes! Better even don‘t quote them...

Back to the topic
Why should it be nostalgia?
I'm using emulations for contemporary cinematic tracks and futuristic sound design, sound fx and the like.
It's all about the timbre, not the age if you ask me.

Return to “Instruments”