Next updates to u-he Bazille

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:
halsallian wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
halsallian wrote:I think that storing the tap speed factors for each of the 4 taps in the sequencer rather than it just keeping the last value set would be a big leap forward and give some really great effects
I don't understand what you mean?

Do this:

go to the sequencer and set the first tap to 4 in the first sequencer slot

change the sequencer slot to number 2 - you will see that the first tap is still set to 4 - set it to 8

switch the sequencer slot back to 1 - it hasn't remember the 4 has it but has the 8

I'd like these tap speeds to be stored in the sequencer slots
you mean when switching between the 8 snapshots, you want the timing multiplier of each of the 4 outputs to be stored per snapshot?

I doubt that is even possible... I mean the 8 sequencer snapshots can smoothly fade between them and can even be modulated at audio-rate.
Why wouldn't that be possible?

You can modulate each slot in Ableton Live (but the display in Bazille is inaccurate and often says 4 when it's really 5)

I may be able to get by automating in Live

halsallian wrote:I may be able to get by automating in Live
cool... thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't tried automating the multipliers... until now!

https://draigathar.org/sounds/B106.mp3

:hihi:

You get some cool effects if you initially set all 4 to 8 and divide by 8.

Set your host sequencer in motion playing one repeated note.

Modulate the taps which are routed to interesting parameters.

Fun!

i think the step sequencer could have it's own page, much larger and less fiddly. if not official, at least hidden as an easter egg.

pdxindy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don’t own the full Bazille but happily use bazilleCM. I could be pushed over the edge to upgrading to the full one some day, but I’d like to see swing for the sequencer, which to me is always a glaring omission for any arp or sequencer. Also of course 48 note range up and down but I know that’s coming. Not hopeful about the swing though.
Yeah, that doesn't seem so likely given that it is not an arp or traditional sequencer.

In the full Bazille, there are a number of ways to create a sequenced groove... though if you need to keep it sync'ed to host tempo, that gets trickier. The easiest way is of course to use a VST arp.
I don't see why they wouldn't give swing, I mean it's just an offset of every other step, delaying it slightly. And I don't think using a VST arp is the same. The cool thing about the bazille sequencer is the morphing between sequences and parameter modulation.

Sounds like what you guys are asking for is a good comb filter or resonator. Before you get what you are asking for though, you should realize that that kind of thing is very taxing on cpu. Bazille is already pretty taxing as is.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don’t own the full Bazille but happily use bazilleCM. I could be pushed over the edge to upgrading to the full one some day, but I’d like to see swing for the sequencer, which to me is always a glaring omission for any arp or sequencer. Also of course 48 note range up and down but I know that’s coming. Not hopeful about the swing though.
Yeah, that doesn't seem so likely given that it is not an arp or traditional sequencer.

In the full Bazille, there are a number of ways to create a sequenced groove... though if you need to keep it sync'ed to host tempo, that gets trickier. The easiest way is of course to use a VST arp.
I don't see why they wouldn't give swing, I mean it's just an offset of every other step, delaying it slightly. And I don't think using a VST arp is the same. The cool thing about the bazille sequencer is the morphing between sequences and parameter modulation.
Yeah, but the Bazille sequencer can be 4 sequences, each with their own timing. Would you make a separate swing control for each of the 4 outputs?

I think further code optimization would be a nice update

pdxindy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Yeah, but the Bazille sequencer can be 4 sequences, each with their own timing. Would you make a separate swing control for each of the 4 outputs?
Nah, global. Keep it simple.

Hello thread!

I can think of some things that would be nice to have that I didn't notice anyone posting yet:

Bipolar envelopes and ramps (maybe a y-offset?) with the same phase options as the oscillators.

Zebra-like oscillator drawing tools for the mapping generator and (hopefully) new oscillator related stuff.

A parametric EQ (which I was already told probably won't happen).

Panning for the delay channels.

*** EDIT: I didn't realize that this wasn't in the u-he sub-forum. I notified the mods to see if it should be moved. ***
Last edited by skottish on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I would love to have a significant upgrade for Bazille... whatever gets added, I know it will be useful and creative!

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm I would love to have a significant upgrade for Bazille... whatever gets added, I know it will be useful and creative!
anything less than 600 filter types and a 1028 step sequencer and im out!

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:42 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm I would love to have a significant upgrade for Bazille... whatever gets added, I know it will be useful and creative!
anything less than 600 filter types and a 1028 step sequencer and im out!
then one of us has a problem cause 600 filter types and 1028 step sequencer and I'm out... :hihi:

:hihi:

Return to “Instruments”