Why use emulations of classic analogue synths---is it just nostalgia?...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enCiphered wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 pm Back to the topic

:mmm:

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:45 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 pm Back to the topic

:mmm:
Vurt, grow up! :lol:

did you get your mic stand?

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm did you get your mic stand?
Yes.60 bucks. It's a good one. Need it for singing while I'm playing drums at church.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:20 pm
Yes.60 bucks. It's a good one. Need it for singing while I'm playing drums at church.
Is Waggles gonna be the new Diva?

toonertik wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Not Diva, Don Henley... :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:29 pm
toonertik wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Not Diva, Don Henley... :wink:
He or Phil Collins.

or karen carpenter.
if i was skilled in the photoshoppery :hihi:

Nostalgia is what triggers my creativity. I can't think of making music without carrying a nostalgic feel, I don't know... It's just the nature of nostalgia that is working so well in music. It's ambivalent, it reminds your good memories and it's like half happiness and half sadness. That's pretty beautiful to create music which bring those sentiments at the same time, no?

However, I'm much more nostalgic about sounds from my generation so it's the digital synths like the JV/XV used in every PS1 & 2 video games, anime, tv series or the JP 8000/Virus used in early 00s trance. Oh yes, that's my sh;t. So I kinda try to recreate that sound but in a modern way and mixing it with the contemporary VSTs and tropes.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's kids will be nostalgic of Serum, Sylenth1 and 808 samples from Trap kits.

sinemotor wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm Nostalgia is what triggers my creativity. I can't think of making music without carrying a nostalgic feel, I don't know... It's just the nature of nostalgia that is working so well in music. It's ambivalent, it reminds your good memories and it's like half happiness and half sadness. That's pretty beautiful to create music which bring those sentiments at the same time, no?

However, I'm much more nostalgic about sounds from my generation so it's the digital synths like the JV/XV used in every PS1 & 2 video games, anime, tv series or the JP 8000/Virus used in early 00s trance. Oh yes, that's my sh;t. So I kinda try to recreate that sound but in a modern way and mixing it with the contemporary VSTs and tropes.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's kids will be nostalgic of Serum, Sylenth1 and 808 samples from Trap kits.
That´s true.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:28 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm Are we going to break the world record for the most derailed topic? I wouldn‘t mind.
Are there experts who could measure the derailness? For sure extra big letters for underscoring the right to be right (off topic) would help to reach that goal. At least if we count the space and not the words...
The problem is, being OT is the norm around here. What would be unusual would be if we stayed on topic for a whole thread. I doubt that has ever happened.
Oh there are threads started by sarahcommand with 0 responses. Ok those are the only ones...
Back off topic: Who the hell is Sarah Command?

ooh, ooh, emulations
ooh, woo, emulations
yes emulations, thats
what ya nee eee eed
if ya wanna be the best, and you wanna beat the rest
ooh, emulations what you need!
Last edited by vurt on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Back off topic: Who the hell is Sarah Command?

some Canadian bird, part of a duo

https://youtu.be/uo8NA88o9l8

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:33 pm ooh, ooh, emulations
ooh, woo, emulations
yes emulations, thats
what ya nee eee eed
if ya wanna be the best, and you wanna beat the rest
ooh, emulations what you need!

ooh gary davies
ooh gary davies
ooh gary davies on you rayyyydeeeeeooooo

do ya wanna be a