Audionamix IDC for non vocal applications?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2400 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:09 am

I'm very impressed with this plugin's ability to clean up vocals, but are there any users out there who have used it to clean up other sound sources with good results?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

Re: Audionamix IDC for non vocal applications?

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Nah? Nobody’s played with this? I can’t find a demo.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 am

I’ll try another question. Am I just completely blind or is there no demo for this? I looked on the official page and plugin boutique and had no luck. Anyone out there ever find a demo for audionamix idc?

yellowmix
KVRian
845 posts since 11 Aug, 2012

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 am

Doesn't seem to be a demo. I bought XTRAX Stems more or less blind a while ago. But I'd heard the results and the app basically uploads your song data and returns the stems so there wasn't much to determine beyond audio demos.

Anyway, their source separation algorithms detect vocals very well, so I'd be wary of trying to use IDC on anything but vocals and vocal-like content (e.g., formants). I'm not sure what you're trying to do? Remove noise from synth and instrument recordings? I'd use RX7 for that.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Ideally I could use it for removing low level background noise from close mic’ed recordings of odd little found sounds. It definitely does the human voice extremely well, but I’m thinking more like pulling hvac noise out of a recording of playing pipe organ pipes with chopsticks at the local church. Most of the fft based noise reduction stuff I have does not do too well with hums and fan noise especially. I was curious if there were “advanced settings” or some such that could be used to tell the thing where the frequencies I want to keep reside.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 pm

My main interest though is in cleaning up location recording. I’ve got good isolation at the studio so voice is generally not an issue.

Return to “Effects”