SpectrumWorx registration file is not working on new installation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVR´ers

Im in a pretty desperate situation. I trying to move from Win 7 to Win 10, and now I cant get my copy of SpectrumWorx to register :cry: Which means that I got some important projects, that I cant open :scared:
I know its been a while since Little Endian closed down, and most might have forgotten all bout this lovely little mangler. I got the SWOSULic reg file and used it on the Win 7 installation without any problems, but now im getting a message that the license is not valid.

Im in the process of moving everything over from WIn 7 to 10 to see if everything runs okay, so havent registered Win 10 yet, could this somehow be it ?

Thanks for reading :tu:

218 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 pm Hey KVR´ers

Im in a pretty desperate situation. I trying to move from Win 7 to Win 10, and now I cant get my copy of SpectrumWorx to register :cry: Which means that I got some important projects, that I cant open :scared:
I know its been a while since Little Endian closed down, and most might have forgotten all bout this lovely little mangler. I got the SWOSULic reg file and used it on the Win 7 installation without any problems, but now im getting a message that the license is not valid.

Im in the process of moving everything over from WIn 7 to 10 to see if everything runs okay, so havent registered Win 10 yet, could this somehow be it ?

Ive just tested it on my Win10 laptop and it works fine. Ive never had SWorx on this machine before, so its definitely not a machine-specific license.

My license file is called SpectrumWorx2.0.0-2.9.9.SWLic so not quite the 'SWOSULic' you referred to, in case that has relecancd.

Might be a good idea to check the file in a text editor, make sure its human-readable starting

Code: Select all

<ProductData ProductName="SpectrumWorx"
in case its corrupt in some way.

Also, try rerunning the installer by running it as Administrator. I had a couple of issues with that on my previous Win7 install.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm
218 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 pm Hey KVR´ers

Ive just tested it on my Win10 laptop and it works fine. Ive never had SWorx on this machine before, so its definitely not a machine-specific license.

My license file is called SpectrumWorx2.0.0-2.9.9.SWLic so not quite the 'SWOSULic' you referred to, in case that has relecancd.

Might be a good idea to check the file in a text editor, make sure its human-readable starting

Code: Select all

<ProductData ProductName="SpectrumWorx"
in case its corrupt in some way.

Also, try rerunning the installer by running it as Administrator. I had a couple of issues with that on my previous Win7 install.
@whyterabbyt, thank you for your reply. It turns out, that im a complete moron! I went through my inbox and found a 4 year old coversation I had with Danijel from Little Endian, because I upgraded to own both OSX & Windows. What I completely forgot is, that I need to feed the Windows installation the OSX registration file before I use the Windows reg file I bought later on :dog: I just tried and im now up and running on Win 10 :party: HUGE relief :phones:

I was just going to mention the two-stage license thing - I have to do the same for each new machine/install of SW2. Glad you got sorted!

Happy Mangling!

Wait, what's the two-stage licensing? I've got the SWLic file backed up with the installer, is that license unique to each machine ?

I've not installed it for a few years so can't remember the process - Just concerned that with it now being abandoned that if I'm to get a new machine in new the future I won't be able to use it...

I think it only applied if you upgraded, as I did, from a Win license to a multi-platform license. You should be ok otherwise.

Phew, cool - Thanks :)

mcbpete wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm Wait, what's the two-stage licensing? I've got the SWLic file backed up with the installer, is that license unique to each machine ?
Nope. I had it installed 3 times in the past, on different machines over time. Never been a problem and still using it! (What still a precious gem, especially now since it's discontinued. Never been able to find anything else like it yet)

Return to “Effects”