An Ambient Track and Sound Design

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking out the window at the ice crystals and stark trees on this winter day.

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ts-ambient

Nice, but rather short for an ambient track.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I think it could be better without the main sound bouncing from side to side...the frequency is overpowering..If it was a part of an album it would be better but still I'd change the sound a bit...how about a bit more real sound of the howling wind...and in a slightly less obvious way...come n go...sort of ....Wuthering Heights in a calm way....

Cheers
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm I think it could be better without the main sound bouncing from side to side...the frequency is overpowering..If it was a part of an album it would be better but still I'd change the sound a bit...how about a bit more real sound of the howling wind...and in a slightly less obvious way...come n go...sort of ....Wuthering Heights in a calm way....

Cheers
it kind of sounded like my wife snoring at night, i'm used to it, so it didn't
bother me much. still had a calming effect for me :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I liked it. Maybe the wind effect could be pulled back a hair to lull one to dream land but I’m using earbuds. It’s probably fine listening with a speaker.

Nice!

AcrossTheSky wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm I think it could be better without the main sound bouncing from side to side...the frequency is overpowering.
I agree that sound bouncing around is irritating. I would eliminate it because the rest of the track is very good.

The sound bouncing around didn't bother me using speakers. But maybe it would if I had headphones on.
Cool sounds and needs to be longer.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

There are a nice set of sounds assembled on here. I particularly enjoyed the "harmonic" pad content which gave the piece a satisfying vibe, and there were other interesting things going on in the background. Cool demo.

Good work :)

That swirling sound is definitely more irritating when listening on headphones, doesn't bother me on speakers. I would either get rid of it as it doesn't really add anything to the track in my opinion. The rest of the sound choices are just fine and it was a good listen, just a little too short for an ambient track.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Return to “Music Cafe”