New synthwave track, any feedback welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I spent pretty much the whole weekend working on this track and I just want to know what you guys think.

https://soundcloud.com/romboh/night-reboot/s-nRuSN

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.625

Comments: Wow, when that bass comes in. Super cool. Great mix. Enjoyed the listen.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.625

Comments: Wow, when that bass comes in. Super cool. Great mix. Enjoyed the listen.
Hey wagtunes, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And those votes! Thank you!

it was cool, i thought there was a bit too much sidechain compression? pumping in the overall sound, but thats just
my opinion.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 pm it was cool, i thought there was a bit too much sidechain compression? pumping in the overall sound, but thats just
my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback but I'm just a sucker for sidechain compression, what can I do? :lol:

banging track mate. Need to listen to this on my non gaming headphones :) the gaming ones are bit bass heavy so the low is quite rumbly :)

shadoe42 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 pm banging track mate. Need to listen to this on my non gaming headphones :) the gaming ones are bit bass heavy so the low is quite rumbly :)
Many thanks!

Very cool! Great composition, sound design, and mix. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 am Very cool! Great composition, sound design, and mix. :tu:
Thanks a lot Frantz, much appreciated.

Like it. @2:57 nice introduction of a new sound. Like the pitch bends.
Are you using hardware synths , or plugins ?

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:36 pm Like it. @2:57 nice introduction of a new sound. Like the pitch bends.
Thank you and sorry for the late reply. What you hear is all in the box, no hardware.

romboh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 pm
Bansaw wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:36 pm Like it. @2:57 nice introduction of a new sound. Like the pitch bends.
Thank you and sorry for the late reply. What you hear is all in the box, no hardware.
Great. What synths - Avenger, Rapid, Spire ?

Bansaw wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:59 pm
romboh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 pm
Great. What synths - Avenger, Rapid, Spire ?
None of them actually. I used Serum, Korg Polysix, Omnisphere and the Arturia Jupiter 8V . Never heard of Avenger and Rapid, I'm so outdated :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”