Tony's Theme from Scarface

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a HUGHE fan of Giorgio Moroder I just had to do this! The 4 synths I used for Tony's Theme were the Modal Electronics 002, the Deckard's Dream by Black Corporation, and the OB6 and Prophet X by DSI Sequential. The vocal "Ahs" were provided by a small Catholic church choir, and the percussion is from various Kontakt libraries and was sequenced using Cubase 10. I hope you enjoy it. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lETKFRT0A0

Very nice. :) I love the film.

Thanks!

Nicely done. Captures the drama well.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 pm Nicely done. Captures the drama well.
Thanks!

Interesting texture, I like it. That tone, really nice.

Dillinger wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 pm Interesting texture, I like it. That tone, really nice.
Thank you!

Really nailed it! :phones:
A well-behaved signature.

Now, can you do it with softsynths? ;)
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 am Now, can you do it with softsynths? ;)
Of course! :) I have no desire to do so though....soooo boring working with softsynths as opposed to actual hardware with knobs, buttons, and sliders. BTW, using hardware synths takes much longer and is more difficult to compose with than software synths....but worth it for the satisfaction and enjoyment of the process. :tu:
Last edited by quantum7 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 am Really nailed it! :phones:
Thanks!

You managed to recreate the atmosphere and sound of the original very well indeed. The choir sounded great. Good to see Michelle getting some screen time.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:25 am You managed to recreate the atmosphere and sound of the original very well indeed. The choir sounded great. Good to see Michelle getting some screen time.

Good work :)
Thanks! Yeah, Michelle was quite this dish back in her day! She will always be my favorite Cat Woman also. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”