Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor

Fuse Audio Labs presents the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor plugin

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

FUSE AUDIO LABS BRINGS YOU THE VCL-864U, A FAITHFUL EMULATION OF A CLASSIC 50S TUBE LIMITER/COMPRESSOR.

ON SALE FOR ONLY $29 UNTIL FEBRUARY 15TH 2019! (REGULAR $69)

ABOUT THE VCL-864U PLUGIN

The VCL-864U is an uncompromising recreation of an iconic tube limiter packed with powerful added controls and capabilities. This plugin is primed and ready to do incredible things for your mixes, but believe it or not, the limiter it’s modeled after has its roots placed firmly in wartime communications, not music. It was mostly used by the US military during the Korean War. Its original manual even included handy tips for how to keep the device out of enemy hands and several methods of destruction. Word eventually got out that about the device’s superior compression abilities, and it became highly sought after in communities of audio engineers and music producers.

Using modern circuit-modeling techniques, all aspects of the original model are mirrored in this plugin down to the smallest detail. A high-powered set of versatile features have been added, including switchable release times, a side chain high pass and a dry/wet control to streamline your ITB workflow. The result is a vintage tube limiter with an outstanding range that gives you everything from thin and transparent to gritty, distorted operation without ever losing its unique easy-going vintage vibe.

The VCL-864U includes
  • A precise emulation of the original circuit
  • A compensated input gain control
  • Selectable release time constants
  • An optional side chain high pass
  • Adjustable optional noise floor level capabilities
  • A dry/wet mix
  • A linear output control
Uses for the VCL-864U
  • Tame and tone highly dynamic material including vocals, drums and orchestral tracks
  • Limit the dynamic range of your signals transparently or obtrusively
  • Squash your signals and then dial back the mix for parallel operation
  • Breathe gentle coloration into your sources
  • Add a unique, pleasant character to your mixes
Download your fully functional 14-day trial here: https://fuseaudiolabs.de/product.html?id=300879685

THE PROTOTYPE UNIT

Here is a close-up of the hardware device that was rebuilt using NOS components and which the VCL-864U was modeled after/matched with.

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#faq

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#support

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The manual for the original is a thing of beauty. Totally should come with the VST ! http://www.preservationsound.com/wp-con ... l-copy.pdf (not many compressors come with a section on winter & desert field maintenance or a destruction guide !)
Last edited by mcbpete on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Looking forward to trying it out! Very promising release. Thank you.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

fascinating sound, a bizarre cross between unobtrusive and dramatic

Sorry for the stupid question, but is this the Fairchild...? :)

Not a stupid question at all... not a Fairchild but a different vari mu.

see mcbpete post above.
It is a Federal AM 864.

rsp
sound sculptist

How is it? I know Fuse Audio are not keen on oversampling which makes me hesitant...

tested it. it sucked. i bought it just to spite Ray!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am How is it? I know Fuse Audio are not keen on oversampling which makes me hesitant...
Just checked aliasing and it is perfectly fine, even when using extreme settings. It is worth demoing.
It's easy if you know how

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am How is it? I know Fuse Audio are not keen on oversampling which makes me hesitant...
Pardon me, no offense but I really don't see why Fuse isn't keen on oversampling? Of course this one is properly oversampled.

Best,
Ray
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

You're a little Ray of sunshine. Thanks for brightening my day.

yes!
cheers Ray, you're the best!

Got it by the way. :) Loving the sound of parallel on a drum buss for making a drum machine sound rock'n'roll dirty and alive, instead of tame and lifeless.

totally, it seems (in my short time pseudo testing) to kill a bit of the low lows, but it really brings the mid/tops out swimmingly :P sounded like it made the drums shine anyway. I'm obviously gonna test the f**k out of it as soon as i have the time, but any Fuse Audio Labs plugins should be an instabuy really... top programming, top bloke, no mess, no fuss... love em!

Return to “Effects”