Ample P Bass causing DAW to hang ??

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, Ample P Bass is causing my DAW to hang when loading a project with Ample bass. I am using Studio One 4 as my DAW. This happens on both of my computers. I have to cancel and restart the DAW several times to get it to open. This never happened with the demo lite version, I recently get the full version and that is causing it !

Thanks for any help.

Anyone ???

Thanks for asking, please create a new project and insert ABP only, save - close - open it, the issue still exists?

It will open with just Ample Bass loaded yes, But does not when other tracks are loaded.

Have you been able to duplicate this with the DAW I am using ? This is a big problem for me and would like to get it resolved, Thanks.

Hi yzf125 I am using Studio One 4 (PC) & have no problem with Ample Bass (latest version 3 or earlier versions) loading or opening projects (I have numerous other VSTs also in use).

This is strange then.... I had the free Lite version first with NO issues at all, then got the full version and had problems right away. It just hangs for a period of time and will load after a few minutes of hanging there. This is the only VST that causes this and it does it on both of my PC computers...

So it does load but it takes a while to do so?
Mine takes a while to load in comparison to non sample based VSTs.
The full library is significantly bigger than the lite version, it may simply be the size of samples loading. I do have a similar experience with large Kontakt libraries or Waves instruments when they are loading larger samples. Type & speed of your sample hard drive will affect load times as well. I've also seen others mention that virus protection can slow down sample loads though its not something that I've explored. Hopefully you'll get some other feedback that helps, Good luck.

I have VST's WAY larger than this one, like Superior Drummer 3 and most all Kontakt libraries and never had any issues so I don't think that's the case here. My PC is of high quality build also, Its not like its a loading problem because everything just locks up when it says its loading Ample Bass, I checked windows task manager during that time and it says "Studio One is not responding" Its more of a confliction or something down that path I believe.

Hmm hopefully the Ample guys should offer some expert advice.

Does it help if you first open the project with Ample Bass only, open the GUI also, so that all resources are loaded, and then close it and open your big project?

ZentralmassivSound wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am Does it help if you first open the project with Ample Bass only, open the GUI also, so that all resources are loaded, and then close it and open your big project?
I'd not tried this before so gave your suggestion a quick try. Load of ABP took ~20 secs (external USB HDD, VST3, 7200 rpm) which is about what it usually takes. Closed the song, created a new song and loaded a fresh instance of ABP in the new song and it took 2/3 secs max. I'm guessing samples were already in memory for this to have happened? I don't have specific problems loading songs (other than it can take a while ;-)) but can see how this would be of use if I did.
It may be a workaround for yzf125 until direction from Ample.
Many Thanks ZentralmassivSound!

Return to “Ample Sound”