New EDM song from me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It still needs work, but I thought I'd share now. This isn't my normal thing, I'm making a short film and it's for the soundtrack... Oh, and I accidentally rendered some silence at the end. :dog:

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... -early-mix

sounds like some good ol catchy 80's synthpop. at first i was thinking
it could be louder but then you kicked up the vol later.
so far so good :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:37 pm sounds like some good ol catchy 80's synthpop. at first i was thinking
it could be louder but then you kicked up the vol later.
so far so good :tu:
Yip, I turned the buildup and the bridge bit down a little when I mastered to make it hit harder when it comes in, or "drops" as the kids like to say. :hihi:

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:01 pm I turned the buildup and the bridge bit down a little when I mastered to make it hit harder when it comes in, or "drops" as the kids like to say. :hihi:
tricks of the trade :hihi: :tu:

It might be the Soundcloud version, but I actually think the loud parts are a touch too loud, I think I can hear a little distortion during drum fills... but yeah, like it says, this is an early version, with a super quick master treatment.

To me it sounds like generic 90s dance music. It should be fine for a soundtrack although I prefer your songs over something like this.

Frantz wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:04 am To me it sounds like generic 90s dance music. It should be fine for a soundtrack although I prefer your songs over something like this.
For sure, I'll admit myself it's not very inspired piece. I don't think it's bad, but this sort of music isn't really my thing. :hihi:
I'm making a 10 minute animated film, and I'm writing three original songs for the soundtrack, so I can put out a soundtrack ep. Only about 40 seconds of the peak of this song will be heard, and there will actually be a radio DJ talking over it... but yeah, I'm fleshing it out to a full song so I can put it out.

I think this is better than a lot of current "real" (whatever that means) EDM. Calmer parts are more soundtrack style, louder are hitting the club floor... I think I could imagine people dancing. Good job.

Nice. @2:17 l when the kick comes in, excellent.
Are you using any FX plugins to create the rhythmic textures ?

Frantz wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:04 am To me it sounds like generic 90s dance music. It should be fine for a soundtrack although I prefer your songs over something like this.
yeah, you're right...90's dance.
i like his poprock tunes (ie; liquid dream) better as well.

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Love the way this one just explodes after a slow start. Well done. Excellent mix. Musically, a little sparse but the energy keeps it going.

Bansaw wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:58 am Nice. @2:17 l when the kick comes in, excellent.
Are you using any FX plugins to create the rhythmic textures ?
The choppy rhythm of the main, loud bass synth (there's a sub-bass as well) came from Grossbeat, I really like Grossbeat and find it handy for making stuttery synth fills. Also, there's a delay on the lead synth that has an interesting percussive sound, I'm not sure if it's all that audible, but it worked to make it stand out, widen it, and add a bit of interest.

layzer wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 am
yeah, you're right...90's dance.
i like his poprock tunes (ie; liquid dream) better as well.
For sure. My main influence when it comes to this kind of music is The Prodigy, I'm a big fan. And although they're still going today, The Prodigy are definitely 90s music.

But then things like this, I was consciously trying to pay tribute to 90s dance acts like Real McCoy.

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... s-sympathy

These days I mostly listen to 80s synth music, but, I'm 37, so 90s is my generation. In high school, played in skate punk bands, so although it's not obvious, I can still hear those origins coming through sometimes.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:27 am My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Love the way this one just explodes after a slow start. Well done. Excellent mix. Musically, a little sparse but the energy keeps it going.
Cheers! :tu: Yip, not many instruments in this one. A pretty quiet sub-bass that's mostly for the bass feel, a loud distorted bass, a couple of different lead synths that come and go, tons of drums and percussion and few risers and impacts. No chords anywhere in this one.

an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:12 am
But then things like this, I was consciously trying to pay tribute to 90s dance acts like Real McCoy.

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... ys-sympath
thats a bumpin track there! and yeah.. there was a lot of catchy dance acts in the 90's

2unlimited, la bouche, to name a few and who can forget the "night at the roxbury" soundtrack :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”