BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xx JPRacer xx wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:07 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm are there also news about new features like e.g. piano roll features, timeline etc.
No news but Bitwig 3 is schedule for Q2 2019 so there's still time for some 2.x updates.
Thx. Wow so early announced? Thats kinda bad....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I hope there will be some way for users to share their Grid devices - if I understand how the new Grid works.
Something similar to www.maxforlive.com for Ableton's M4L devices.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm
xx JPRacer xx wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:07 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm are there also news about new features like e.g. piano roll features, timeline etc.
No news but Bitwig 3 is schedule for Q2 2019 so there's still time for some 2.x updates.
Thx. Wow so early announced? Thats kinda bad....
Not really... they're showing it off at NAMM next week then it's going out on beta after that.

This looks awesome. I will definitely update....if they fix the GUI issues.

Please let that be fixed in V3.

does anyone know if the step to v3 would be covered in their update plan? Don't want to update right now, was hoping for a sale in the summer. Currently on V2.4
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:03 pm does anyone know if the step to v3 would be covered in their update plan? Don't want to update right now, was hoping for a sale in the summer. Currently on V2.4
I don't see why it wouldn't? You get the upgrade plan and you get a year of free updates. This isn't an upgrade plan in the traditional sense.

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:03 pm does anyone know if the step to v3 would be covered in their update plan? Don't want to update right now, was hoping for a sale in the summer. Currently on V2.4
If your 12 months has not expired before v3 is released you will get it for no additional cost.

Depends when you activated your latest plan/bought bitwig 2. Being pessimistic I'll assume a late q2 release so I'll probably miss it with mine unfortunately, but can't imagine I'll be able to hold off for long...

thanks for the replies all.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I think it's funny that everyone just assumes that Grid will be included with BWS as part the subscription plan. I can't help but notice that this fact is not mentioned anywhere. So get out your pocketbooks because Grid is going to cost extra in addition to the subscription plan. You heard it here first!

I wonder to what extent we'll be able to create interfaces for these user made devices. Site's down again so I can't check, iirc we could define modulation inputs and outputs, but these are full devices so won't be modulators in the traditional sense. I assume they'll be like any other device where presented controls are modulatable and there are certain modulation sources available on the "panel" (like filter envelope in Phase-4), but this would probably require at least some sort of GUI editor?

From the video the examples appear to have a few knobs down the bottom and an overview type representation of the grid taking up most of the device panel, I wonder how customisable this is?

I hope they add grid based modulators soon too so I can package up some of my regularly used modulator combos (random + math + polynom for example)!

granted wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:18 pm I think it's funny that everyone just assumes that Grid will be included with BWS as part the subscription plan. I can't help but notice that this fact is not mentioned anywhere. So get out your pocketbooks because Grid is going to cost extra in addition to the subscription plan. You heard it here first!
Wrong.

The Grid looks interesting... I appreciate that all signals are interchangeable. So the output of an Osc can be used to modulate anything! Plus all signals are stereo!

It also looks very easy to auto-connect modules. And then any Grid device can be used like any other Bitwig device... nested, modulated etc etc...

It is not clear at all what facility there is for creating the front end appearance of the device.

granted wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:18 pm I think it's funny that everyone just assumes that Grid will be included with BWS as part the subscription plan. I can't help but notice that this fact is not mentioned anywhere. So get out your pocketbooks because Grid is going to cost extra in addition to the subscription plan. You heard it here first!
The reason it is not mentioned anywhere is because there is nothing to mention. If your subscription is active when v3 is released, you will get it with no additional cost.

Well I guess only time will tell.

Return to “Bitwig”