Native Instruments MKII Mikro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can hear it and get output levels, but it won't record and I don't get any input levels. I'm pretty sure I've done everything the same way as with all my other midi devices and plugins. I've changed all the parameters I can think of. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

You never mentioned the DAW, but here's just one link I found that should point you in the right direction. Depending on what you're trying to do, you have to configure the midi in/out in Maschine. There are way too many topics on their forum about it.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PBpblSemXo

Ok, sorry I'm new. I thought this was a forum for Tracktion Waveform only. I've tried configuring and reconfiguring the midi parameters in Maschine with no luck. Thank you for the link, I appreciate it.

I should have noticed and welcomed you, welcome to the forums! I have Waveform but I don't think it's installed with Maschine on the same PC. I will take a look at it. I have Maschine MK3, but the software is the same. The midi is really tricky to setup in Maschine.
If you explain exactly what you need to do, or what you're trying to setup like a kit or instrument?

This is what I think you're missing. I have to renew my license for some reason on Waveform and so I may install it on the other PC. I'm not using it, so I'd rather hold off. If you have a "kit/group" selected, then each pad will go out on an individual midi channel. You either have to select all the channels in Waveform to set Omni midi mode to receive on all channels from Maschine. I'm pretty sure that's how I remember to set it up. I will activate it again on the laptop if you still need help.

I think you're set to record on the wrong channel in Waveform, so I think the only thing you have to watch out for is setting the group to "batch midi" if you want it on one channel, and making sure that you select all of the tracks in the group FIRST before you make any changes to midi out or the batch setting. That's with the kits that come with it, but if you're using one instrument track in the group, just make sure you're on the first track and in keyboard mode.

Thanks for the info, and for welcoming me to the forum. When I get a chance I'm going to go through all the info you've provided and see if I can resolve the issue. My main midi controller is an old Roland RD-250, and maybe midi out is set to all channels, would that cause problems? I have another synth that I havent been using as a midi controller that I thought was connecting to waveform via midi properly, however it is not. I guess I've been using all these devices in ways that might not have revealed this issue until now, but I feel like you're onto something with that last paragraph. Please don't purchase a license just to help me, I'll figure it out eventually, but that's a very kind thing to do and I appreciate the offer.
Again, thanks for the info. Best regards.

I can connect to Maschine with my rd250 and mpk mini no problem, and all inputs and outputs are fine, but with the mkii and a microbrute no input metering or ability to record?

Yes, your info pointed me in the right direction. You have to use auxiliary tracks. Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”