Creative delay - Tekturon, Colour Copy or Timeless2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Which creative delay?

Tekturon (d16 Group)
35%
Colour Copy (U-He)
42%
Timeless2 (FabFilter)
23%

Total votes: 48

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've a plugin itch, that I need scratching :D

I've been eyeing Tekturon, Colour Copy and Timeless2 for some months now and I really like all three, but can buy only one at this time... I'm actually leaning towards d16' plugin, because I find the UI / workflow easier to grasp (more visual), I already have 5 other plugins from them and there's even rent-to-own option via Splice. On the other hand U-He is synonymous with quality and long-term support (I have Bazille, Zebra2 and RePro, but none of the FX) so I know I definitely wouldn't waste money there either... The FabFilter delay is also great, with their trademark GUI and wealth of control possibilities, but it seems very complex to me so I'd probably just end up using presets...

Any experiences? Thoughts? Sweet spots for using them I'm not aware of?

BTW, I already have some other delays, incl. H-Delay, Sandman Pro (+Byome), EchoBoy, few of Glitchmachines' devices. Please let's focus on those three in the topic :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I have Tekturon. But I use MTurboDelay for creative delays, it's just more fun.

I'd throw Eventide UltraTap delay in the ring.

I think u-he Colour Copy is more of a "classic" delay effect though? With saturation fx on top of that. But, i don't think you can control the single taps like in Tekturon or Eventide UltraTap.

Replika XT

I love D16 Group's Tekturon which I bought when it was released but only recently got into using it. After reading up on it and experimenting, I found that it was incredibly flexible and, because of D16 Group's fantastic automation system, really comes to life when you get creative and automate stuff like delay taps' filter cutoffs and levels. Plus the Master Filter is also great to automate. Not really a "nice" sounding delay....but that's not what I really want! D16's Sigmund is another favourite of mine for creative delay effects with "dirty" filters and overdrive (great for 808/909/303 etc.) with the addition of extra features like being able to modulate the filter+volume for each of it's 4 delays with either an envelope follower or LFO.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

I find Modnetic really nice and I love it's partner in crime Diffuse. They are from Surreal Machines.

My three favorites for creative delay are Timeless 2, Replika XT, and Sandman Pro.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm I'd throw Eventide UltraTap delay in the ring.

I think u-he Colour Copy is more of a "classic" delay effect though? With saturation fx on top of that. But, i don't think you can control the single taps like in Tekturon or Eventide UltraTap.
If the OP wanted a u-he delay represented, MFM2 would fit the bill a lot better.

Of course I would also second MTurboDelay or MSpectralDelay.
Last edited by mumpcake on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Replika XT for me too, more versatile since it can do tape/vintage digital plus diffusion
dedication to flying

BlueCatAudio's Late Replies is all you need. :)
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm I think u-he Colour Copy is more of a "classic" delay effect though? With saturation fx on top of that. But, i don't think you can control the single taps like in Tekturon or Eventide UltraTap.
Yeah, it's a BBD-based delay with independent stereo delay lines (2). However, the tap positions and the BBD rate can be modulated in many ways, so it's more than the sum of its parts.

If you're looking for a multitap delay it's honestly apples and oranges. OP is asking for "creative" delays and it certainly fits the bill.

Since the OP already has EchoBoy, H-Delay, and Glitchmachines, I think it'll fill a very nice niche no other plugin covers. Late Replies would be my other suggestion to complete the toolbox, since it can do anything the others can.

Replika XT

I find Replika XT to have the most pleasant sound of all my delays (over 2 dozens)
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

For Creative delay, MTurboDelay is KING.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTurboDelay

I use PSP CMdelay and it sounds amazing for the price (the cost of a Computer Music magazine). My go-to for creative delays.

Return to “Effects”