Akai Force is revealed.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very interesting...

very unsure what to think of this, need to see how this if at all competes with PUSH on the live integration side, otherwise its just a all in one hardware/OS MPC reiteration

It's no wonder the Fire was trash they're whole attention was focused on cornering the market with a all in one controller.
"Classic Akai Note Repeat." Fire owners looking at themselves like....

Anyways this is gonna have integration with Splice and that's really where the future of music is heading for better or worse

Akai already got the code for that they've made the APC already. I just think they're focusing more on their software instead of wanting it boxed in as another Ableton controller which is smart. This is what Novation should of been doing years ago, you see everybody using they're Launchpad designs.
sureno wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:27 pm very unsure what to think of this, need to see how this if at all competes with PUSH on the live integration side, otherwise its just a all in one hardware/OS MPC reiteration

andypryce wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:02 pm Looks very promising. Great Job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... zHFXo5gbJI
"Redefine your expectations. Force blurs the lines between contemporary music production solutions and next-generation live performance technology, setting the precedence for a new industry standard."

This is some seriously high end marketing language. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Wow seems great :tu:

I Really like the stand alone operation

Just a few observations:

- Instrument input (guitar)?
- Price in Europe?
- Linux support?
- Bitwig integration instead of Ableton would be a winner

Quoting Akai :

Attention all Ableton Live enthusiasts! Shortly after its international release, Force’s development program includes a pivotal update that guarantees one-for-one control of all core production and performance functionality within Ableton Live. From total visibility and command of Ableton’s clip matrix to tactile control of core mixer and device parameters instantiated in Ableton Live’s workspace, Force forms the beating heard of your creativity, guaranteeing immediate, effortless integration within your existing setup.

The surface of it seems great, personally I lost any hype vibe with Akai over recent years; controllers, samplers, controllers etc.
Maybe, jsut maybe Im wrong. Will this be the new Akai Sampler standard?

Looks like a great product for people who don't want to work with computers or don't trust computers for live work. Added value as a controller...probably retail under a grand soon after release- it has CV outs so it is somewhere between the X and the Live....

I have an MPC Live and was expecting the MPC2 software to just be modified to deal with loops etc, but I am not so sure now, may be a separate and new program (but I bet it is released stand alone like for PC/Mac like MPC2 so may be another Live/Bitwig Rival?)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This release took me entirely by surprise. I've been a big fan of Akai since the S1000 days and I'm so happy to see them coming back to their hardware roots. I was very sceptical of the MPC Live and MPC X in the beginning, but at this point it's quite clear Akai is not after a quick cash-grab with their new lineup.

I will have a hard time resisting this one. I just hope Elektron will have the decency not to show off an Octatrack/Ultratrack MK2 or whatever this NAMM.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Looks like a remarkable product except for two major flaws which makes it a deal breaker:
Only 16 Tracks
No VST integration
<List your stupid gear here>

Does anyone know if this or mpc live/x can preview/audition library loops at the current sequencer tempo?

Anyone know if it is possible to use it to, also, record a few guitars and vocals (like a multitrack recorder)???

egbert101 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:00 pm Looks like a remarkable product except for two major flaws which makes it a deal breaker:
Only 16 Tracks
No VST integration
No VST integration - a deal breaker? A major flaw?
Maybe I missed something, but we still live in 2019, right?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”