Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

i don't care about the sound... i just like twiddling with the tiddies lol what other compressor gives you THAT? lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 pm i don't care about the sound... i just like twiddling with the tiddies lol what other compressor gives you THAT? lol
On a professional level, twiddle tiddies. Somehow that just works.

lol... i was reading a couple of posts on iron over at the slutz forum and they made me laugh lol life seems better with a giggle :) cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 pm i don't care about the sound... i just like twiddling with the tiddies lol what other compressor gives you THAT? lol
I must admit it took a while to get this. ROFL!
:hihi: :D :clap: :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Does aliasing matter? Because apparently this plugin has lots of it (AM radio effect and all). I've done same test to a lot of my other (cheaper and more expensive) plugins, and none of them had this much aliasing. Maybe there's something wrong with the DSP/programming if even the "indies" have less aliasing?

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 am Does aliasing matter? Because apparently this plugin has lots of it (AM radio effect and all). I've done same test to a lot of my other (cheaper and more expensive) plugins, and none of them had this much aliasing. Maybe there's something wrong with the DSP/programming if even the "indies" have less aliasing?
I love the sound of aliasing, it's the kind of shimmery digital grunge that gives me sparkly butterflies when I hear it and I'm sure it will only be appreciated some 10 years from now, as a sought-after vintage-digital flavor, just like the 12-bit AKAI converter sound that's hot right now.
I say alias all the way, also - IMD - makes me wet, I just love the "movement" it provides my mixes with.

Also, that aliasing report at GS is like -108db, basically inaudible noise.

stinkyfingers wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 pm
raysaul wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:23 am Also, that aliasing report at GS is like -108db, basically inaudible noise.
that figure/assessment is incorrect. besides, it's a lot more complicated than one sine wave test.
Irrelevant.
No one ever didn't release a record because of aliasing.

stinkyfingers wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:08 pm
raysaul wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:05 pm Irrelevant.
this thread is not about releasing records, its about a product, which you are stating false information about. if you want to talk shit, come over to a real forum like GS with all the other shit talkers, it's a good time... :hihi:
Nah, you just don't get it. Aliasing is amazing, tremendous.
It's the shizz, just like the cassette sound of a Tascam 4-track.

stinkyfingers wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:08 pm [Mod edit: The quoted post was deleted.]
I see you edited your posts and upped your game, very good, dear.

You obviously don't realize how irritating the aliasing police has become, infesting literally every new product thread with their "findings".
Years ago, sure, raising awareness on this issue was helpful, but I'm sure every serious developer these days is very much aware of the aliasing issue and the potential benefits of (adequately designed) oversampling implementation.
Do all you aliasing fanatics and nitpicky sinefiddlers really think that the whole developer team at PA etc. never put a goddamn test signal through their new device?
Do you really think your Plugin Doctor screenshots will tell them something they already don't know? Seriously?
Releasing an aliasing-untested product today would be like making a post saying "their must be a more better way" on a grammar-nazi forum.
Developers know their designs very well and have every right to make an informed decision on adding oversampling and see if it will actually benefit their new product or not.
Oversampling filters can sometimes add "veil-y", "bandlimited" flavor to the sound , dramatically increase the CPU load and often make things even worse than tiny amounts of barely audible aliasing noise.
In other words, leave these decisions to developers, I'm sure they have their reasons for making things the way they are (e.g. Overloud Gem comp670).
Posting "aliasing" screenshots just makes you look like an annoying tosser, not a quality activist.
Last edited by RSL369 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Has "stinkyfingers" been banned yet? Because he should be.

^Yes.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:59 pm^Yes.
:phew:

Best post of the month right here.

Return to “Effects”