Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

IMO, Steinberg really dropped the ball on VST3 with this one. They introduced dynamic I/O allocation, but not dynamic parameter allocation.

At least parameters can now be organized in a tree, so that helps some.

Dynamic parameter allocation would just be a can of worms between all the different DAWs. That's why it probably won't ever happen.

16 macros are too many for me. I think 8 was a good number. I still think that VR is kind of a stepper or sequencer. Seeing it modulating the pitch of oscillators makes sense.

After playing with the original Massive yesterday, I think the original has a better design, interface and features. We’ll see, but my guess is that Massive X will sound like Sugar Bytes Factory (which can sound more aggressive and edgy than the original Massive).

I don’t know, but if the upgrade price is equal or less than $79, then it would be between upgrading to Massive X or Dune 3 for me.

We're on KVR here. Upgrade both. :D

I'm trying to be logical :cry:

You know... i'm becoming more and more a synth hoarder myself, so, i doubt i'd be of much use for a recommendation... :)

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:57 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:42 pm looks like someone is worried it could be a zebra killer
I have indeed worried that some day something would come along that "kills Zebra". I stopped worrying around June 3rd 2005.
yeah, i think that was prob the last time i used it too. :hihi:

EnGee wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pm I don’t know, but if the upgrade price is equal or less than $79, then it would be between upgrading to Massive X or Dune 3 for me.
My guess is that Massive X will a greater sonic difference from original Massive than Dune 3 is from Dune 2

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:42 pm looks like someone is worried it could be a zebra killer
I have indeed worried that some day something would come along that "kills Zebra". I stopped worrying around June 3rd 2005.
helpful for Urs to know that... now he needn't pay any attention to any comment you make about Zebra as it is more than 13 years out of date :lol:

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm Dynamic parameter allocation would just be a can of worms between all the different DAWs. That's why it probably won't ever happen.
...good to know - I thought, it would be plug-in format, not DAW-specific.

Which still leaves the question, why NI don't regard their own platform/wrapper (Maschine/KK) as worthy enough to implement their own instruments to full extent. :D :roll:

Only macro controls would be still a shame, though. So fingers crossed, MX or a future version of it will have a comprehensive mapping in KK. Or they'll develop touch-screen devices - that's what I'm actually thinking/hoping.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:33 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pm I don’t know, but if the upgrade price is equal or less than $79, then it would be between upgrading to Massive X or Dune 3 for me.
My guess is that Massive X will a greater sonic difference from original Massive than Dune 3 is from Dune 2

thats not really fair, Dune only went up 0.4, Massive has gone up 8.5 :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm
helpful for Urs to know that... now he needn't pay any attention to any comment you make about Zebra as it is more than 13 years out of date :lol:
like the Z3 update then :lol:

EnGee wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pm 16 macros are too many for me. I think 8 was a good number. I still think that VR is kind of a stepper or sequencer. Seeing it modulating the pitch of oscillators makes sense.
I don't think you're right ;)
EnGee wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pmWe’ll see, but my guess is that Massive X will sound like Sugar Bytes Factory (which can sound more aggressive and edgy than the original Massive).
Based on what? What an asspull :)

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm

fair has no meaning in this case

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:18 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm

fair has no meaning in this case

nor does humour it seems...

Return to “Instruments”