What's your favorite phaser VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Regarding the Eventide phaser: I like the sound, but... without a frequency and depth control of the phasing effect, it's unfortunately useless to me.

yeah, totally f**king useless.

its DOWPE. and it's under thirty two bucks from JRR shop :P

Well, i said it is useless to ME. So i dunno why you assume that i meant that it's useless for everyone. I love Eventide BTW. It's just that, if i can't control the effect of a phaser, and i can't control the frequency, then it makes no sense for me to use it on my synth sounds, because i prefer a subtle, small range phasing effect, rather than the sound the Eventide phaser creates. I also mentioned that i like the sound. And, after i justified myself now, maybe next time you refrain from assuming that i claimed it sucks donkey balls.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:21 pm Regarding the Eventide phaser: I like the sound, but... without a frequency and depth control of the phasing effect, it's unfortunately useless to me.
Isnt 'Oscillator' the frequency control? Anyway, have a look at the page for the new MkII version, it has a Depth control.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It has. It's a different thing to the usual depth control on a phaser though, it works more like a mix control (maybe you noticed that there is no dry/wet or mix control on the plugin GUI). Also, the oscillator control controls the speed of the LFO, not the frequency. There are no frequency or depth controls like on other phasers, unfortunately. Ok, not every phaser has those, but, for me, they're quite essential.

i never claimed you said it sucks donkey balls.

for the record

I never said it is generally useless either. Or "f**king useless".

jeez dude.
I was joking ok.
I think a centre frequency control would be handy too.

For those loving the Eventide, I am curious to what other software phasers do you currently have.

Phasers were probably my favourite effect on rhythm guitars the days when I played a lot more guitar with hardware than I do now.
Truthfully I haven't played a hardware phaser in quite awhile, but I have quite a few software ones (NI Phasis, Soundtoys PhaseMistress, Softube Fix Phaser, d16 Fazortan 2, Kuassa whatever it is called, I may be missing a few) but I played the eventide one last night for about 3 hours and wasn't as impressed by it as clearly others here are (I did like it more than some of the above, but I for instance preferred the fix phaser, the kuassa one and the NI one more)....

rsp
sound sculptist

Just for the record I hasten to add that it can certainly do subtle, center-frequency control or not (personally I fail to see the relation between both) and white I am here I will also mention that it has a bootload of other useful features to make more than up for it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Didn't bother with the demo. Instant purchase at this price. I remember this from the 70's.. I just wish they'd do same offer with the original Harmonizer..
Dream on kid ;)
Thanks for heads up on this )))

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:46 pm For those loving the Eventide, I am curious to what other software phasers do you currently have.
I have Phasis, the Hofa System one, Sknote P83, AQ Stunning Phaser, Fazortan 2, PhaseMistress and some more in TH3, Amplitube, Modnetic, BYOME and so forth... also the two Synapse RE ones
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:46 pm For those loving the Eventide, I am curious to what other software phasers do you currently have.
I have Phasis, the Hofa System one, Sknote P83, AQ Stunning Phaser, Fazortan 2, PhaseMistress and some more in TH3, Amplitube, Modnetic, BYOME and so forth... also the two Synapse RE ones
Thanks.

And can I assume from your enthusiasm this one is your favourite/best sounding one for you?
Or is just another flavour for you?
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, for me personally (I am mainly a guitar-player) it is indeed the best sounding one. with all the other I was usually tweaking them a lot, trying to find a setting that sounds good and often ended up removing it altogether - and while it's a little early for conclusions, I don't think that will happen with this one. Either way it sounds really fantastic to me on almost any setting. And comparing it to the others there's a night and day difference to me. One phaser I loved using back in the day was Annti's Phase 90 emulation. Actually I think I should try that one again as it has been years since I last used it.

Return to “Effects”