Do I “need” analog synths?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... r-162.html

I started my query at post number 4857, username “dysamoria”.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Most modular and semi-modular synths I've used have some sort of over-voltage protection on inputs and protection on the outputs to prevent damage, if an output is connected to an output. Most modules I have used can handle the full voltage of their power rails at an input, sometimes more, without causing any problems.

Many companies which make modern modular and semi-modular gear understand that they may be selling products to inexperienced users who may connect an output to an output accidentally, so they try to protect us from ourselves where they can. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if Behringer synths are more susceptible damage by patching but I also wouldn't be surprised if an inexperience user thought that they had blown something up when that was not actually the case.

cant believe my guitar rig just got slated :o
:lol:

/loves his bakealite danny and shite fuzzboxes :love:

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:54 pm I guess attenuator cables are a must, just to be careful. Still, one wrong slide on the attenuator cable’s adjustment and, what, I blow a capacitor or something?
Well were not safer down the road driving our cars every day are we, One wrong move and we could DIE. Yet we do it.

I think no one will give you a definite Yes/No answer regarding that DAMAGE part. Not because they don't know, but because they don't want to be formally responsible of something that may or may not happen latter. They don't want you coming back to them saying, "hey, you told me it's safe, and It burned!!".

I think the best you could do is ask behringer them selves so to get an official answer. Or do like the rest of us, just try it and :pray:

Don't get me wrong, your carefulness and questioning is valid. Much better than being reckless.
Last edited by S0lo on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

AHH, shhh, double post again. PLEASE REMOVE.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

I’m hearing you all and am thinking. Thanks for the feedback on this thread and these queries! :) :) :)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Heh, yeah first day with my modular, lots of outputs got plugged into outputs and vice versa,
without any problem, before I found the manuals. Of course it was Eurorack to Eurorack so
voltages are high (right?) compared to other synths.

ive not blown anything up yet.
and im usually high as f**k :shrug:

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:07 pm ive not blown anything up yet.
and im usually high as f**k :shrug:
Hmmm.. is that ...
well a jack in any hole feels good :hyper:

*Actually, the pic I posted here of it shows it operating with one output connected to another. :oops:

^^^ oh that looks a cute little rack..
I think even I could handle that!

Just bought a Behringer Neutron and Arturia Beatstep Pro today...
a wee toe in the water...
I'm sure I gonna get caught in a rip tide.. )))
Last edited by toonertik on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops

toonertik wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:53 pm ^^^ oh that looks a cute little rack..
I think even I could handle that!

Just bought a Behringer Neutron and Arturia Beatstep Pro today...
a wee toe in the water...
I'm sure I gonna get caught in a rip tide.. )))
Gratz, you'll have a lot of fun no doubt, imho the hardware is totally worth it. :tu:

that's the updated rene you have?
so you can do different sequences i believe?

pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:02 pm
Gratz, you'll have a lot of fun no doubt, imho the hardware is totally worth it. :tu:
No doubt!
I used to have a Roland system 100.. sold it in 1983/4... looked to replace it a few years ago>> £6000...
As much as I love VSTi's... I find being in the box cramps my style.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”