Waves Aphex Aural Exciter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's $24 at the moment at everyplugin, wondering if it's still worth buying or are there better character/sparkle adding plugins these days ? I was thinking about Elysia Karacter maybe ?

If you don't to spend too much money, you could look at Softube's Saturation knob.
Sounds great & is completely free.

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=sa ... gKdQvD_BwE

Tried the Aural Exciter... Never thought much of it... One trick pony really. If your tracks are so dull that this would help, there's something wrong with your tracks! You'll use it once and that'll be the end of it.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I agree, I almost never use it. I use AudioThing Type A all the time as an exciter instead, much better. It's also on sale at Plugin Boutique right now

I guess I'll skip it for now then

Why don´t you just try it out yourself instead of relying upon opinions from random blokes on the internet?

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:11 pm It's $24 at the moment at everyplugin, wondering if it's still worth buying or are there better character/sparkle adding plugins these days ? I was thinking about Elysia Karacter maybe ?
I really wouldn't bother. It's a one trick pony that's too severe for most scenarios. There's plenty of good plugins for 'sparkle' (saturation to high frequencies..).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

soulone82 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 pm Why don´t you just try it out yourself instead of relying upon opinions from random blokes on the internet?
Because I don't like installing demos and I prefer to gauge general opinion before I decide it's worth demo'ing, also people might suggest alternatives that I might have overlooked so I don't see the problem ?
do_androids_dream wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:35 pm I really wouldn't bother. It's a one trick pony that's too severe for most scenarios. There's plenty of good plugins for 'sparkle' (saturation to high frequencies..).
Any suggestions ?

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:05 pm Any suggestions ?
I'm still very fond of some older plugins (I'm still using a 32 bit host) - Terry West's Mojoe, Airciter and CS12M are favourites. Variety Of Sounds Thrillseeker XTC is great too. Soundspot's Halcyon was a surprise - really versatile for bringing out frequencies.

do_androids_dream wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:17 pm I'm still very fond of some older plugins (I'm still using a 32 bit host) - Terry West's Mojoe, Airciter and CS12M are favourites. Variety Of Sounds Thrillseeker XTC is great too. Soundspot's Halcyon was a surprise - really versatile for bringing out frequencies.
I have Thrillseeker I just can't run it in Studio One due to no 32bit bridge, I'll give Halcyon a look though

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:21 pm
do_androids_dream wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:17 pm I'm still very fond of some older plugins (I'm still using a 32 bit host) - Terry West's Mojoe, Airciter and CS12M are favourites. Variety Of Sounds Thrillseeker XTC is great too. Soundspot's Halcyon was a surprise - really versatile for bringing out frequencies.
I have Thrillseeker I just can't run it in Studio One due to no 32bit bridge, I'll give Halcyon a look though
A bargain at 4 bucks here.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3341-Halcyon

Halcyon is good but if you want an exciter sparkler check out Soundspots Hiku that thing is just amazing. A shame people don't know about it.

cprompt wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:19 pm Tried the Aural Exciter... Never thought much of it... One trick pony really. If your tracks are so dull that this would help, there's something wrong with your tracks! You'll use it once and that'll be the end of it.
It was originally designed back in the days of analog tape so it was useful for tracks that needed some added top.

PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:02 pm
cprompt wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:19 pm Tried the Aural Exciter... Never thought much of it... One trick pony really. If your tracks are so dull that this would help, there's something wrong with your tracks! You'll use it once and that'll be the end of it.
It was originally designed back in the days of analog tape so it was useful for tracks that needed some added top.
It doesn't just add top though - it changes the whole character of whatever passes through it. It's good for exaggerating an instrument within a mix but it's the opposite of subtle.

Return to “Effects”