Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

I'm not a big fan of reaktor style programming either. I'm just hoping they plan on adding new modules on a continual basis, the same way that can be done with blocks. So, instead of using the monark filter in this slot, I can select a menu and choose a razor filter, or maybe a few months down the road they'll release a new formant filter which I can then use, etc. At the end of the day, I guess it wouldn't be much different than a synth which gets new updates periodically with new filters, oscs, etc. As long as I can swap them out, that's nice. What would really get interesting is if other people can develop said components, much the same way that can be done with reaktor. If there were a reaktor block to Massive X module export, that would too awesome, but honestly, probably expecting to much :hihi: But their marketing, being "more expandable" in every way, has me wondering :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Um,
Is it really possible that only the 16 macros will be reported for automation?

That was being talked about a page or two ago..
Did kvr just dream that up? It just sounds.. crazy.
ImageImageImageImage

They should have just not mentioned anything, and released an update this spring for a June release. See, the way I look at it is bad business. You can't get people revved up for something, to sell them other things. The upgrade to Komplete 12 made it seem like a logical decision based on the fact that Massive was releasing in February, and now that its June, it just looks a bit shady. Im sure it was not something planned, Im sure there were unforeseen circumstances that caused a delay. I for one don't GAF about a $50 coupon if I just got Komplete 12 upgrade....not much else on their site to buy beside maschine expansions that I don't really care for.

I don't know, I would have rather had a choice to upgrade closer to the official release date because the upgrade really didn't give me anything new and exciting

vertibration wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:10 am They should have just not mentioned anything, and released an update this spring for a June release. See, the way I look at it is bad business. You can't get people revved up for something, to sell them other things. The upgrade to Komplete 12 made it seem like a logical decision based on the fact that Massive was releasing in February, and now that its June, it just looks a bit shady. Im sure it was not something planned, Im sure there were unforeseen circumstances that caused a delay. I for one don't GAF about a $50 coupon if I just got Komplete 12 upgrade....not much else on their site to buy beside maschine expansions that I don't really care for.

I don't know, I would have rather had a choice to upgrade closer to the official release date because the upgrade really didn't give me anything new and exciting
This is a good point. I very nearly went for 12 when I heard about Massive X. Not sure if I'd call it shady, but they definitely didn't fully think it through. At least we get the benefit of another few months of development, as opposed to a shaky product launch.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

vertibration wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:10 am They should have just not mentioned anything, and released an update this spring for a June release. See, the way I look at it is bad business. You can't get people revved up for something, to sell them other things. The upgrade to Komplete 12 made it seem like a logical decision based on the fact that Massive was releasing in February, and now that its June, it just looks a bit shady. Im sure it was not something planned, Im sure there were unforeseen circumstances that caused a delay. I for one don't GAF about a $50 coupon if I just got Komplete 12 upgrade....not much else on their site to buy beside maschine expansions that I don't really care for.

I completely agree with this, and there were a few other releases recently that hit me the same way and I wound up letting them go. BTW, this reeks of a reaktor ensemble. could be wrong, but it looks like one.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:26 amMike Daliot worked on Monark. Don't worry.
??? Monark is a MiniMoog clone, therefore it is obliged to have one of the worst filters ever. I wouldn't be holding that up as a shining example of what to expect, people will run a mile.
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 amIts kinda confusing, because when you look at modular synths they'r so called modular nature is just cables and on some synths exchangable modules. So to my understanding basicly every modern synth is actually modular and even more powerful modular then any "regular" modular.
You are mostly correct. Any synth with a mod matrix is as capable as any modular, except that you can add and remove modules in a modular but you're stuck with what's coded into the synth with a VSTi.
Last edited by BONES on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 am
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:26 amMike Daliot worked on Monark. Don't worry.
??? Monark is a MiniMoog clone, therefore it is obliged to have one of the worst filters ever. I wouldn't be holding that up as a shining example of what to expect, people will run a mile.
I thought you just disliked the Minmoog filters? Doesn't mean that they're objectively terrible.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:17 am I thought you just disliked the Minmoog filters? Doesn't mean that they're objectively terrible.
Bones hates everything that sounds good.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

BONES wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 am??? Monark is a MiniMoog clone, therefore it is obliged to have one of the worst filters ever.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol:

True, because the 101 is the worst, right? Riiight?!

Those Mini Moogs are just rubbish...

No character in that synth at all :wink:
No auto tune...

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:29 am
BONES wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 am??? Monark is a MiniMoog clone, therefore it is obliged to have one of the worst filters ever.
Luckily no one ever tried to replicate the ladder filter after that debacle. :wink:

Stefken wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:29 am
Luckily no one ever tried to replicate the ladder filter after that debacle. :wink:
:hihi:

BONES wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 am
Stop wasting your time with bad Minimoog emus. Get a good one, and then judge again.

Except Monark is not a bad Minimoog emu. I've actually played on the actual Minimoog NI modelled while I was at NI HQ a few months ago. ;) There's some serious oscillator bleed in it (needs some servicing apparently), but the bite and aggressiveness is exactly the same.

Return to “Instruments”