Akai Force is revealed.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

egbert101 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:00 pm Looks like a remarkable product except for two major flaws which makes it a deal breaker:
Only 16 Tracks
No VST integration
It’s 8 stereo tracks of audio but 128 tracks in total

pc999 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:51 pm Anyone know if it is possible to use it to, also, record a few guitars and vocals (like a multitrack recorder)???
Hopefully this answers your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YQKoGUM-M
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Really like this. However...$1500 is waaaay beyond my budget :(
Trance, Trance Is Life

pc999 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:52 pm ...
- Bitwig integration instead of Ableton would be a winner
I doubt Akai will provide this however perhaps Moss will do a script for it. He seems to have done just about everything else.

watching this
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Goseba wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:12 pm
pc999 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:51 pm Anyone know if it is possible to use it to, also, record a few guitars and vocals (like a multitrack recorder)???
Hopefully this answers your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YQKoGUM-M

Thanks, at least something is possible, the question is if it is enought

I guess that if we can record 10 minutes long clips in each track it will be nice enought to can make it work :D

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 pm
pc999 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:52 pm ...
- Bitwig integration instead of Ableton would be a winner
I doubt Akai will provide this however perhaps Moss will do a script for it. He seems to have done just about everything else.
That is the thing, while he have been doing an amazing job that I cant thank enough ,we cant know if he will do it for this one, or keep doing at all (or if he would even want to spend that money...)

Plus, is the touch screen acessible???

I'm already very interested in this, and even looking into the question of porting over some of my Live sets into the Force. I'm not sure the workflow can really move in this direction, i.e. originate on a PC, because effects plugin (delay, reverb, compression) and effect settings will not be available.

I'm interested in workarounds: could printing a track of the effected as well as the non-effected version of, say, bass with some delay on it work?

Is it likely that the Air plugins can load a preset that was created on a PC? If so, I can look into using some of those.

Any chance that Ableton native effects could be played back on the Force? I realize this is unlikely, but would appreciate hearing about how to approach this issue.

Hi

Not much use for the elderly - how on earth do people work with such small screens!!!

An output for a monitor would be nice, I wouldn't fancy being hunched over staring at that screen for hours on end. Or at least they could install suckers on the bottom panel so you can stick it to the wall or the bathroom door when you're sitting on the bog. :party:

original flipper wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:07 pm Hi

Not much use for the elderly - how on earth do people work with such small screens!!!
It's marketed to generation muppet, so don't worry about it.
<List your stupid gear here>

What are the major differences from push 2? Is it just recording and laptop free?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Despite similiar design, 1499 USD is not quite a competetive price for a Push, more for a standalone MPC or similiar workstation.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This is all fine and dandy , but as a consumer I feel we are missing the mark with this kind of stuff ... I think folks would like something in-between a Push 1/2 and a Launchpad Pro at under $400 ??? Maybe like a Launchpad Pro XL? XL meaning..... Extra Large .... With extra large pads that light up and are full velocity sensitive .... This would appeal to Bitwig / Live users as well as guitar/ bass / finger drummer folks that would like 64 pads to beat on for EZdrummer , BFD , and even use in keyboard mode .... etcc ... That doesn't take a power cord or batteries . Man make it so already ....

I'm liking the look of Force...primarily to get away from the computer and sketch out ideas to later arrange/mix in Live. The Air synths look great...so that's what they've been busy working on in the last year.

This might be useful also:
"Attention all Ableton Live enthusiasts! Shortly after its international release, Force’s development program includes a pivotal update that guarantees one-for-one control of all core production and performance functionality within Ableton Live. From total visibility and command of Ableton’s clip matrix to tactile control of core mixer and device parameters instantiated in Ableton Live’s workspace, Force forms the beating heard of your creativity, guaranteeing immediate, effortless integration within your existing setup."

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”