DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 pm Do I still just need the Bitwig extension for Bitwig, what's the 99USB rules thingy?
You only need that for Linux with Push 2. See the installation instructions in the Wiki.

Yokai wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:19 am The current REC button on the push only ever toggles the big Rec Arm button up in Bitwig's transport section. I'd really like a setup config option to give us the option of making that REC button *instead* simply toggle "Clip Launcher > Toggle Clip Launcher Overdub" (shortcuts) (or Play > Clip Launcher > Overdub).
That's already possible :-)

"Clip Launcher > Overdub" is on Shift+Rec but you can make this the default is you enable "Transport -> Flip arranger and clip record" in the Settings.

moss wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Yokai wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:19 am The current REC button on the push only ever toggles the big Rec Arm button up in Bitwig's transport section. I'd really like a setup config option to give us the option of making that REC button *instead* simply toggle "Clip Launcher > Toggle Clip Launcher Overdub" (shortcuts) (or Play > Clip Launcher > Overdub).

"Clip Launcher > Overdub" is on Shift+Rec but you can make this the default is you enable "Transport -> Flip arranger and clip record" in the Settings.
😳🙀😱❤️

Ah thats what the boolean was for :)

Thank you @Moss. I look forward to trying it out. Best,

Darren

I'm curious if the Moss scripts will make it to the Akai Force. Looks like it could be a pretty great Bitwig controller and equivalent in functionality to the Push 2. Perhaps it be even better with the touch screens!

It works a treat! Thank YOU! Press NEW to bust out a new clip of the right length and record your first pass, then keep toggling REC off and on again as needed to lay in your overdub passes. Can stay in the Launcher for days just banging out new clips like that. Love it!

(I had no clue what that settings option was at first--and most of the settings aren't documented in your Wiki page. Maybe at some point its worth adding descriptions of the Settings options to the Wiki page?)

moss wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:42 pm
zengel wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 am same here with push 2 moss script vers 5.0 and bitwig 2.4.3 . It crashes . i came back to script vers 4.03
Uh, crap, I accidently compiled with Java 11.

Here is the fix: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitw ... s-5.01.zip
Lol ! It works now perfectly ! Thanks Moss for your great work ! :)

zengel wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 am same here with push 2 moss script vers 5.0 and bitwig 2.4.3 . It crashes . i came back to script vers 4.03

Why not compile with Java 11? That's what I'm doing with my own scripts, and it works fine on my system.

Thank you so much for your efforts!
For me (Push2, BW2.4) Toggle' only turns on OVR and the rec button turns light red. This is with an empty clip selected. I've tried rec/play together; no luck.

sukebe wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 am

Thank you so much for your efforts!
For me (Push2, BW2.4) Toggle' only turns on OVR and the rec button turns light red. This is with an empty clip selected. I've tried rec/play together; no luck.
For this alternate setting to work, you need to have a clip already in the clip slot. It cannot be an empty slot.

So:

1. Make sure the track you want to record clips into is armed (track-level rec arm).
2. Start playing some combination of already-existing clips from the launcher (so you have backing music to play against).
3. If no clips exist yet in the armed track, press NEW on the Push to create a new clip and immediately go into clip overdub mode. Everything you play will be recorded.
4. Press the REC button on the push to toggle clip overdub off. Now you can rehearse another part for that same clip.
5. When you're ready to start recording the overdub into that clip, press the REC button on the push again.
6. Repeat this process until you want a *new* clip.

When you want to start a new clip on the rec-armed track, just press NEW and repeat the steps above.

Hey Moss,

Great work on the scripts! I've just picked up a launchpad pro and the script works very well.

How hard would it be to change the colours for the Play mode please? Would this be something I could edit in the script?

I find the white too bright and It would be so much nicer in a darker colour (such as red), much easier on the eyes for those late night studio sessions. Thanks in advance.

Does this script work with Bitwig 8-track (v 2.5 beta 4)? Doesn't to show up for me...

EDIT: Oops, apologies, I just found it!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm I'm curious if the Moss scripts will make it to the Akai Force. Looks like it could be a pretty great Bitwig controller and equivalent in functionality to the Push 2. Perhaps it be even better with the touch screens!
The price tag might be an issue here (to use it only as a controller)...

dgmulf wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:46 am

Why not compile with Java 11? That's what I'm doing with my own scripts, and it works fine on my system.
Bitwig uses Java 8. You might not experience any problems but there are certain differences (even if you compile with Java 8 compatibility). E.g. in my case the memory allocation crashed which is needed for the Push 2 Display.

Return to “Controller Scripting”