HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 11/19 Products so far

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
zedd
KVRian
930 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Astralp wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Its the most insane value Group Buy I've done, now 17 products :)
Incredible value, indeed!!

Any music creator would be a fool not to take advantage of this amazing offer. This is a deluxe treasure chest of fun tools with endless inspirations and uses in production.
Somewhere in the background zedd

David
KVRian
513 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 4/17 Products so far

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

A plugin that takes a midi file analyses it then offers variations on chord progression that then you can hear each and edit if need be.
Sounds like Scaler. Or Rapid Composer!

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3481 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Astralp wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Yes Succession is part of the Group Buy :) Its unlocked at Level 7 if we ever get there.

Well last year the Group Buy funded a couple of months development time with JUCE and I'm hoping to fund more this year, but it's essential the Group Buy works for me to do it. I got a lot of groundwork done on building a development framework, but ran out of time/money. I would like to do some midi Plugins but I'm not sure I would go in that particular direction, I have a lot of ideas I want to explore already and due to time would have to start with concepts I'm familiar with.

I also want to try and resurrect my old synth engine code which needs a lot of work to rewrite all of the SSE code and make it 64-bit compatible. I'm quite interested in exploring some of the concepts I've done in Kontakt and expanding them in ways impossible with Kontakt. The downside is how much work it is in comparison to Kontakt which I can develop very quickly. When I made Black Magic back in 2008 it took almost a year to build and there is no way I could fund that sort of timescale these days. That's why I'm trying to create a framework that would allow me to develop fairly quickly.

But in terms of Midi, I'd definitely like to make a plugin that encompasses the likes of Procession and Chord Stepper and expands on them, possibly some sort of modular concept. But I'll have to see how the Group Buy goes. It's painfully slow this year but will hopefully pick up once I have Succession finished. Its the most insane value Group Buy I've done, now 17 products :)
Thanks of the prompt reply and thorough explanations.
Your Group Buy is a Great Buy so I am not sure why this time around it is not doing any better.
Would be great to get to at least level seven.

JUCE is great as it automatically multi-touch capable but it takes the developer to make it multi-touch friendly.

I wish you success on on developing your plugin ideas. I will be looking forward to anything that you come up with! :tu:
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.

zedd
KVRian
930 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:34 pm

David wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:47 pm
Which of those 2 applications do you think is better?

I see that one is 4 times the price of the other, but it does have some additional features. I've been wanting to get Scaler, but I'm still waiting for PluginBoutique to have a more serious sale on it.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3481 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:53 pm

David wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:

A plugin that takes a midi file analyses it then offers variations on chord progression that then you can hear each and edit if need be.
This "Chordjuster" will not do a real-time analysis. You give the plugin (or stand alone) a midi file of a complete song. It analyzes the file and later offers a few variations of chord progression which you can hear. From there you can delete the unwanted variations or edit the any of your favorites.

I believe Scaler is real-time only? Rapid Composer may do what I am asking? but it looks very complicated to use. The Chordjuster should be kept as simple to use as possible.

While we are at it why not also have Chordjuster give variation on note velocity, note length etc.

I briefly had looked at both now I am waiting to see what Architect will offer. viewtopic.php?f=141&t=517474
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.

Astralp
KVRAF
1769 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 pm

we've made it! Level 4 is unlocked and 'Bass Collection' is ready for download which includes, Mosaic, Magic Thread and ReaniBass. Please let me know which you like the most out of them and why :)

onwards to Synthetic and Tessellate!

someone called simon
KVRist
486 posts since 24 Jul, 2008 from a small city in a small country in the antipodes

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 6/17 Products so far

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 am

That last video of succession sounded good. I was trying to see what caused the changes and couldn't work it out. At about 1:20 the chime got louder, and at about 1:32 the chord changed.

Also, you said dark matter added to the group buy total. I don't think that means that purchasing it gets you into the group buy though, am I correct?

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:57 am

someone called simon wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 am
That last video of succession sounded good. I was trying to see what caused the changes and couldn't work it out. At about 1:20 the chime got louder, and at about 1:32 the chord changed.
I think that the Chime getting louder was because there LFO is controlling Volume or Cutoff so it is fading in and out of the mix. The Chord is changing by moving the Mod Wheel, what it actually does is scroll up the inversions of the selected scale and you set the range with MW->P :)

Also, you said dark matter added to the group buy total. I don't think that means that purchasing it gets you into the group buy though, am I correct?
Yes that's correct, I took some time off the Group Buy to make it for the purpose of helping the Group Buy along. I want everyone to achieve the levels but it has to be financially viable, which at the moment it isn't really. You have to join the Group Buy to get the Group Buy products I'm afraid.

Ignore the spam posts, every thread in the marketplace is being spammed, hopefully a MOD will sort it out soon and clean things up.

someone called simon
KVRist
486 posts since 24 Jul, 2008 from a small city in a small country in the antipodes

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:03 am

Thanks for the explanation :) I think I will join anyway, Circular sounds great too.

tatanka
KVRian
959 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:22 am

Great idea to put them all together in a collection and add the drums and tars presets :tu:

But I have a problem with Reanibass from the first version and its still there :( . No matter which preset I use I have a disturbing crackling noise evry few moments. Its no cpu overflow (does not go over 20 %) or too much gain or ram or anything cause its only with Reanibass (not with mosaic or circular). Thats just bugging and just not useable this way :(

With mosaic bass it is there too but not so loud and frequently. I changed the audio driver, buffer size, but does not really help :-(
Last edited by tatanka on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:29 am

Strange, could you possibly make a video of it happening? It’s very useful to see it. You mean you have it with Reanimator from last year as well?

Anyone else have it?

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:37 am

Could you try increasing the latency of your sound card? It is one of the most intensive plugins I’ve made, it actually sounds like latency breakup, which isn’t about CPU as much as how large the audio buffers are and the amount CPU can handle it without throttling, it’s probably not something you’d want to use at 128. I generally work at 512 unless I’m recording guitar or something where it’s noticible. The higher cpu usage is down to the time stretching algorithm, and it uses more the further it has to repitct.

EDIT: sorry you’ve tried buffers, I haven’t been to bed yet so I’m a bit dozy. If you could do a video or audio example, that may help.

tatanka
KVRian
959 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:54 am

No, it seems you might be right with your guess, I had enlarged the buffer size now to 1024 and its nearly gone, its still sometimes with playback but not hearable if I render a part of the track only.

Will try to see what happens inside the whole track cause last time when it happened inside the whole track it was hearable on the rendered track too so I just had chosen another bass lib.

David
KVRian
513 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:53 pm
David wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:

This "Chordjuster" will not do a real-time analysis. You give the plugin (or stand alone) a midi file of a complete song. It analyzes the file and later offers a few variations of chord progression which you can hear. From there you can delete the unwanted variations or edit the any of your favorites.

I believe Scaler is real-time only? Rapid Composer may do what I am asking? but it looks very complicated to use. The Chordjuster should be kept as simple to use as possible.

While we are at it why not also have Chordjuster give variation on note velocity, note length etc.

I briefly had looked at both now I am waiting to see what Architect will offer. viewtopic.php?f=141&t=517474
A great idea—I hope someone takes it up and runs with it:)

Either (or both) Scaler and RC could be a big help in creating a workflow to do this one step at a time rather than automatically, but I haven't seen anything in either that does exactly this, or anywhere in anything else, either.

You can randomize progressions in RC but I haven't so far seen that it'll replace chords inside existing progressions on its own. And I don't recall that you can randomize anything at all in Scaler. But both do very well at offering and ranking, plus previewing, chord substitutions, and analyzing stuff you throw at them (MIDI only in RC).

I'm also watching (or rather waiting) eagerly to see what Architect will ultimately offer. So far it seems very low-level compared to either Scaler or certainly the very deep RC, with no particular sign of any built-in music theory smarts beyond scale filtering, which I assume it has or can easily be given. Of course if it's as deep and "easy" as hoped, there's no telling what devoted super-brains could do with it, a la the Reaktor User Library, or as 3rd-party offerings. Exciting times:)

So, what else can any of us do to help get this as-usual off-the-charts-amazing HGS Group Buy flying along as it should be!?

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4830 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:00 pm

You can try posting in Bargains Only (No Chat) periodically with link to site/thread and current stats of GB. A lot of vendors use that sub-forum to continually post their sales, e.g. jrrshop.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”