1 Delay To Rule Them All? Did Melda Just End The Delay Wars?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hypothetical situation:
People listening some famous song - "Oh, they used that 1000$ delay, reverb or whatever) - said no one ever.

Digic wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm Hypothetical situation:
People listening some famous song - "Oh, they used that 1000$ delay, reverb or whatever) - said no one ever.
Elton can hear it. He knows if a cheap delay was used :)

lnikj wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 pm Elton can hear it. He knows if a cheap delay was used :)
Word is bond!

:party:

That´s why he only buys delay plugins that cost $300 and up!

soulone82 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:32 pm I never knew we were in a delay war!
We're not, the war has been delayed.

This thread feels like someone put too much into the feedback loop...

Wow! All this hate.

I stopped reading after 5 pages because nobody said anything useful about the sound of this thing.

I demo'd it. As an owner of MUnison and MTurboReverb (used on almost every track I do) MTurboDelay is right up there with them as far as power goes.

Yeah, I hate their GUIs too, but I don't let them stop me from using a tool that does what no other tool does. At least not to this degree. I prefer to concentrate on what I can get out of their plugins.

Anyway, I was curious as to what the members here thought of this thing.

Now I know. Wow! Just wow!

funky lime wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:50 pm
It's a false equivalency for sure, but I'm just imagining someone reviewing a table saw: "Yeah it's great as a saw, but the way it cuts just doesn't inspire me creatively"
I've used table saws like that. Every time you adjust it to a certain depth, when you tighten it down it changes the depth a bit so you spend an inordinate amount of mental energy setting it to the wrong depth so that when you tighten it it shifts to the correct depth.

And yes, that is a workflow and creativity deficiency because the attention is too much on the tool and not the project.

Not only is this wrong because I know guitar pedal heads who actually listen for that type of shxt, but delays and reverbs sound drastically different. Theres still really nothing that sounds like Lexicon. In fact delays themselves just are grossly different depending on the type. Like not every delay plugin can you sequence the pitch and feedback rate.

Ugly, do not want.

No one has yet to make a delay that replaces all other delays.

Except for .........

lnikj wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 pm
Elton can hear it. He knows if a cheap delay was used :)
Who used it? Where when? I need it now!!! Take my money!

acYm wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:50 pm Image

it even still has the coolest looking GUI.
I did used this one for quite some years and it good as a freeware. But please stop saying that nonsense you are saying. Pretty much any dual delay is better, less recource hungry and stable then nastydla. This is the reason im not using it myself anymore.

I made this really good Flamenco guitar driven beat and almost got placed on a Celine Dion record, the first thing she asked me, "How much did you pay for delay?" I felt embarrassed to tell her $25 on sale, so I lied and told her full price, $200. She nodded and said show me, that's when she saw the Melda GUI...well...her security carried me out. But my heart still goes on to this day.

^^^^
You gotta have a dream!

Perhaps I should name my next Style one Celinium_DS? :) Or do I mean Selenium_DS?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

PatchAdamz wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:42 am No one has yet to make a delay that replaces all other delays.

Except for .........
Himalaya mountains on a clear and sunny day.

Return to “Effects”