Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I did a rent-to-own Serum deal from Splice. I had to remain logged in to Splice while I used Serum but, once I paid it off, I got a serial number that I registered with X-Fer Records. There is absolutely no reason why Roland couldn’t do the same with the cloud synths that one “earned” after a year.
Last edited by W23 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

W23 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 pm I did a rent-to-own Serum deal from Splice. I had to remain logged in to Splice while I used Serum but, once I paid off Serum I got a serial number that I registered with X-Fer Records. There is absolutely no reason why Roland couldn’t do the same with the cloud synths that one “earned” after a year.
+1

I think Roland exactly know what they do - it's the same with blocking PC MIDI messages in EVERY plugin (although D05 - hardware version - use it withouth problem). Ok - we are guinea pigs ;), we pay through our subscription fees for R&D - ok... We get the sound - ok! But heck - some of us are pros and it's just pitiful to not have some basic funcionality ON PURPOSE.

I have a few lazy ass questions, being not very familiar with Roland (Cloud).

1) When I want to save a preset, the plugins always open the root level of my computer so I have to navigate all the way to where I put the presets. Any way to tell them where my preset location is? Or a good trick to easily navigate to my preset location? Only solution I've come up with is putting a shortcut on my desktop but not happy about that either.

2) I really like the Juno106 and to a smaller extent the Jupiter8. Do you think that the System 8 plugin can sound pretty much like the Juno-106 (and maybe the Jupiter too) as it has the filter of the Juno and Jupiter?
That would simplify my buying options if I can get the sound with just the System 8. As I like the Juno, Jupiter and System 8 and I haven't even gone through all the plugins yet.

Thanks

Stefken wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:25 pm I have a few lazy ass questions, being not very familiar with Roland (Cloud).

1) When I want to save a preset, the plugins always open the root level of my computer so I have to navigate all the way to where I put the presets. Any way to tell them where my preset location is? Or a good trick to easily navigate to my preset location? Only solution I've come up with is putting a shortcut on my desktop but not happy about that either.
The presets for the plug-ins are saved to:

macOS
~/Library/Application Support/Roland Cloud/[instrument name]

Windows
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Roland Cloud\[instrument name]

If you're saving banks, you can save and load those to wherever you want.

Caroozo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:27 pm I think Roland exactly know what they do - it's the same with blocking PC MIDI messages in EVERY plugin (although D05 - hardware version - use it withouth problem). Ok - we are guinea pigs ;), we pay through our subscription fees for R&D - ok... We get the sound - ok! But heck - some of us are pros and it's just pitiful to not have some basic funcionality ON PURPOSE.
The AIRA and Legendary plug-ins don't respond to PC, the Concerto instruments do.

So the next SRX is SRX World, previewed at NAMM. They are also showing Drum Studio - Acoustic One, for acoustic drum samples...

beely wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:01 am So the next SRX is SRX World, previewed at NAMM. They are also showing Drum Studio - Acoustic One, for acoustic drum samples...

No surprise there considering the teased "Interna" images of SRX Dance Trax and SRX World :)

I am kinda bored of these Interna releases already!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Roland has the worst GUI department in the world.
dedication to flying

And marketing....says 'now available' for last few hours but nothing there!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 pm And marketing....says 'now available' for last few hours but nothing there!
Try signing out of Roland Cloud Manager and then signing back in.

SLiC wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 pm And marketing....says 'now available' for last few hours but nothing there!
Works for me. :tu:

... and after all that time they are still incapable to release tb-303...

They're not "incapable" of doing it, but they obviously have some sort of roadmap/prioritization going on.

Return to “Instruments”