List of SynthEdit gems...and why.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

viper and opx-II

One of my favorites. The best Atari 2600 virtual sound box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCk9-lPOAM

Eclipsis remains one of my fav SE/SM synths for atmospheric pads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ah love eclipsis aswell!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Novaflash Ancestor. Yes, this is during the silly names period, so "A N C E S T O R." Makes it so easy to find on the filesystem or in your DAW. A lot of the goodness is extracted as the Spray (S P R A Y) delay effect.

Eirikur wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:18 pm Novaflash Ancestor. Yes, this is during the silly names period, so "A N C E S T O R." Makes it so easy to find on the filesystem or in your DAW. A lot of the goodness is extracted as the Spray (S P R A Y) delay effect.
Is this guy still around? His website seems to be down...
A well-behaved signature.

I used to like Novaflash Oxytocin, and KX77FREE's Modulad (which is 64bit now).

Novaflash is no more to be found and I don't know of any site that has all of his work. Vst4free has some.

Eirikur wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47 am Novaflash is no more to be found and I don't know of any site that has all of his work. Vst4free has some.
His username is Bones and he is still very much alive and well on KVR.

surreal wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:36 am
Eirikur wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47 am Novaflash is no more to be found and I don't know of any site that has all of his work. Vst4free has some.
His username is Bones and he is still very much alive and one of the most crotchety, crusty buggers on KVR.
FTFY

wait a minute, novaflash is bones too?
I tot bones is only novakill.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

1wob2many wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:21 pm Er... I was going to say I like Superwave P8, but I've broken my calculator and I'm not sure any more.
Not only P8... ALL the Superwave synths and drumkits are awesome.

I'm owner of a real Korg MS2000b, a very good analog modeling hardware synth that I bought on the second-hand market three years ago for only €250 (it is very often sold at this range of price in perfect condition)... and when I use it as MIDI controller for the Superwave Tarkus (only €15!) the differences in the sounds compared to my hardware device are barely perceptible for a VST of that price !

Another gem from him is Tiny Pops, the emulation of the famous Korg Mini Pops 7 drum machine which was heavily used by Jarre at the beginning of his career. And not only the emulation is perfect (at least for my ears)... but it also features all the built-in rhythms (here offered in MIDI format) which were in the original machine. When you see the price... not even €5 !

And all the prices of Christopher's plugins are a permanent bargain. And even more when you take the bundles.

And they all are 64-bit ! (he has made his own bridge, now built-in all his plugins)
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

harryupbabble wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:51 am wait a minute, novaflash is bones too?
I tot bones is only novakill.
Yes, Bones is Novakill, and not at all Novaflash.

And it is the least to say !
:lol:

The very quiet and very kind guy Eric Langou (Novaflash) who is French (he is even one of my neighboors, I live at Nanterre and he lives at Montrouge, at just a few kilometers from me, and we share the same passion for the wildlife and the hikes and treks in nature) is not at all the same person as the aggressive (in his mind as well as in his songs) Warren Bones (NOVAkILL) who is Australian and lives at Sydney. Not only they are totally different persons, but they even are totally different minds, radically opposite. And their styles of musics, which reflect their minds, are also at the total antipode. As totally opposite as the Yin and the Yang.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

It's funny that a great SynthEdit developer (with a nice team in which Chris Kerry is part of) has not yet been mentioned before the seventh page: Gunnare Ekornas (ARPPE2600V and MinimogueVA (both with Glen Stegner), MinimogueLuxus, Memorymoon, Messiah, and the huge... ME80).

It's funny that Tek'It Audio (remember all the GenoBazz series) and The Interruptor (the famous NightFlight for example) have also been forgotten. And Torque Audio (Logana, Futura, Reality, Quark, Atolla)... And Xenobioz himself. And... who could forget the huge work from Xhun Audio (IronAxe, LittleOne)

Other excellent SynthEdit and SynthMaker developers to mention and who have been forgotten:
Antress (remember his Modern Plugins)
Artifake Labs (and his famous RedTron)
ArtVera
BeatAssist
BK SynthLab
BuzzRoom (remember Lallapallooza)
CFA-Sound
ChordSpace
ContraLogic (with his excellent plugins Feldspar and Blarg)
G-Sonique
GTG
Gunnare Ekornas
Homegrown Sounds
Human Touch Technology
Iliadis (his organs were very good)
KlangLabs
Kong Audio (I love his plugins, and probably not only because we have the same culture)
Kriminal
Les Productions Zvon
Maik Menz
Mainstream Audio (his church organ is very good !)
Manx
Marvin VST
Mildon
Nay-Seven (I still use a lot his BCRseq among others)
Noisebud (his effects are very simple to use but excellent)
ODO Synths (not all, but some of his synths are excellent, sound speaking)
Omnitaur
Ourafilmes (very underrated, some of his effects are excellent)
Pethu (only three synths, but very good)
PianoVintage (almost unknown but very great emulations of some synths which were a part of my teenage while way less known than the majors)
Plektron
Roberson Audio
Samplesphere (I have all their lineup, from the past as well as from the present, and as Kong Audio it is not only due to our common origin but really because they are awesome and have very smart features for the articulations)
Simple-Media
Solcito Música
Sonic Assault
Studio Toolz
Tactile Sounds
TD (remember HYDi ?)
Tek'It Audio
Tekky Synths
The interruptor
Torque Audio
Xenobioz
Xhun Audio

Note : I mention here only those I consider as some of the bests (in addition to those already mentioned throughout the thread). Many others were very humdrum (not to say even very bad) but those above really deserve(d) some thumbs-up.
:tu:

surreal wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:36 am
His username is Bones and he is still very much alive and well on KVR.

erm, no :lol:

Return to “Instruments”