MRatioMB a little (big) freebie :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:34 pm That's true, but once you want to have a DLL, that is supposed to be accessed from any place (because the plugins will be located all over the place), you either need this location, or you put it somewhere you know it will be and load it dynamically (which is what we do now, and it's rather tricky), or you need the system registry to tell the system where your DLL is going to be. Just sayin...
Fair enough, but I don't know why it's tricky to dynamically load a DLL from somewhere.... C:\Program Files\Common Files is the perfect place for that, because that is exactly what that folder was designed for, and is, of course, completely supported by Windows in its API calls. Stick your DLLs in a known folder name ("Melda" perhaps) in Common Files and, voila, you know where they are no matter whatever is trying to load them. No need to put anything in the registry. Sorry, I'm not trying to have an argument or anything, just curious really.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Because then you need to dynamically map all calls ;). Now if you have a single call "make plugin", then it's simple, but as usual the reality is a bit more obscure :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I can't install 12.11 on Mac High Sierra. It won't allow the app file to open, even after using the Terminal hack to set Gatekeeper to "Anywhere".

Just checked both mirrors on OSX HS, no problems. Please redownload the file and if it won't work, use the contact form, Luke will help you with that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:35 pm ... The point was, that putting stuff to C:/Windows would be actually more efficient and safer... Unfortunately people often like lots of files and registry entries all over the place, than having something obvious at plain sight.
I hear you! :)

Yet I can't agree. What about DAWs, which are portable on a stick?

Instead of using I-Phone or Smartphone-solutions more and more young(!)
and new(!) producers use portable versions of their DAWs. "Portable"
means that the DAW and all plugins are on a stick - and ONLY on that
stick. So they just took the stick - and they can work on their music
anywhere - at any friend's PC - anywhere in the world. Here your solution
wouldn't work at all.

Why not just make a subfolder - and put all presets and skins into that
subfolder. This subfolder is exactly there, where the dll is put.

This has two advantages: It's easy and transparent! Instead of polluting
the OS-disc you have all files together at one location. And secondly it
is portable. :phones:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Haha yeah, for daws it's easy, these are plugins! I suppose you don't know abour predefined paths for various interface etc. :D
Vojtech

A plugin to mix signals? I can do that with my daw pretty easy :lol:

DPhil wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:00 pm A plugin to mix signals? I can do that with my daw pretty easy :lol:
With a spectral multiband? With sorting the signals into transients and tonal? Tell me what DAW you're using then cause I'm considering swithing. :D

Gone soft wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:40 pm
DPhil wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:00 pm A plugin to mix signals? I can do that with my daw pretty easy :lol:
With a spectral multiband? With sorting the signals into transients and tonal? Tell me what DAW you're using then cause I'm considering swithing. :D
Haha! Maybe DPhil is the one asking me for a Melda DAW and he came from future, where we actually made it :D :D
Vojtech

Gone soft wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:40 pm
I'm very sorry your daw doesn't seem to have an eq which we can use to decide which parts of which signal should be how present when mixing them. No need to do fancy multiband stuff :lol: And putting something like a transient designer on a signal to leave the transient or tonal part doesn't seem to be weird either. :D

But some need a plugin for everything...

:D DPhil, you are an oldschooler ;). No problem ;)
Vojtech

enroe wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:35 pm ... The point was, that putting stuff to C:/Windows would be actually more efficient and safer... Unfortunately people often like lots of files and registry entries all over the place, than having something obvious at plain sight.
I use Reaper on a portable usb install and sadly Melda cant make it on it I wish it would. I love installers like U-HE or KV331 it will let you decide where the data folder goes so I can have my favorite synths on my portable DAW. When I update the installers remember the path so well done and a breeze to use.

wouldn't work at all.

MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

enroe wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm

wouldn't work at all.

I use Reaper on a portable usb install and sadly Melda cant make it on it I wish it would. I love installers like U-HE or KV331 it will let you decide where the data folder goes so I can have my favorite synths on my portable DAW. When I update the installers remember the path so well done and a breeze to use.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Just noticed 267mb in C:\ProgramData\MeldaProduction, just saying. Never noticed it before.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Return to “Effects”