Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
MadDogE134
KVRist
162 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 pm

*blushing* lol

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
2586 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 pm

I decided to pass on IRON this time around. With my vouchers, I can get one of IRON or HawkEye for $50 and the other for $100. I am really enjoying HawkEye. I tried IRON on a mastering session and frankly for the specific track I was working on, I didn't like it (I prefer the track without it). So, I'll for HawkEye and keep and eye on IRON maybe for later. I was getting some good results with IRON on other tracks and applications. :phones:

User avatar
soulone82
KVRian
895 posts since 16 Aug, 2010 from almost everywhere...

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am

Image

SiliconDeath
KVRist
136 posts since 21 Feb, 2017

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm

plexuss wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 pm
I decided to pass on IRON this time around. With my vouchers, I can get one of IRON or HawkEye for $50 and the other for $100. I am really enjoying HawkEye. I tried IRON on a mastering session and frankly for the specific track I was working on, I didn't like it (I prefer the track without it). So, I'll for HawkEye and keep and eye on IRON maybe for later. I was getting some good results with IRON on other tracks and applications. :phones:
Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRian
718 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm

soulone82 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am
Image
Do you know the guy on the pic ? :D
I assume only french people can recognize him...

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRian
718 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 pm

SiliconDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)
Seriously ?!? :o
Where does this information come from ?
Now I'm very interested.... I LOVE my VSC-2 ! :hyper:

SiliconDeath
KVRist
136 posts since 21 Feb, 2017

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:39 pm

DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 pm
SiliconDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)
Seriously ?!? :o
Where does this information come from ?
Now I'm very interested.... I LOVE my VSC-2 ! :hyper:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=212

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRian
718 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

SiliconDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:39 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 pm
SiliconDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)
Seriously ?!? :o
Where does this information come from ?
Now I'm very interested.... I LOVE my VSC-2 ! :hyper:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=212
Thank you so much !! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
3013 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:43 pm

SiliconDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:39 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 pm
SiliconDeath wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)
Seriously ?!? :o
Where does this information come from ?
Now I'm very interested.... I LOVE my VSC-2 ! :hyper:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=212
Have they left Plugin Alliance?

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
3013 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:43 pm

DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm
soulone82 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am
Image
Do you know the guy on the pic ? :D
I assume only french people can recognize him...
Who’s that guy?

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRian
718 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:43 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm
soulone82 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am
Image
Do you know the guy on the pic ? :D
I assume only french people can recognize him...
Who’s that guy?
Pierre Bellemare, a very very very famous french TV and radio personality (also writer and a lot of things actually), mostly known for telling tragic crime stories and also jokes. He died last year.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
3013 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:57 am

Looks like a nice Grandfather...

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

phaded
KVRist
132 posts since 12 Mar, 2012

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:03 am

Tappistry wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 am
MadDogE134 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 pm
i don't care about the sound... i just like twiddling with the tiddies lol what other compressor gives you THAT? lol
Best post of the month right here.
This one gets high marks, too. I shouldn't drink beverages when reading KVR threads. :hihi:
Do all you aliasing fanatics and nitpicky sinefiddlers really think that the whole developer team at PA etc. never put a goddamn test signal through their new device?

phaded
KVRist
132 posts since 12 Mar, 2012

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:18 am

plexuss wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 pm
I am really enjoying HawkEye. I tried IRON on a mastering session and frankly for the specific track I was working on, I didn't like it (I prefer the track without it). So, I'll for HawkEye and keep and eye on IRON maybe for later. I was getting some good results with IRON on other tracks and applications. :phones:
+1 on HawkEye. Will still be other analyzers I'll pull up that do some things that HawkEye cannot, but PA really knocked it out of the park- a surprise tool at that.

Re: Iron- I'm not one to really opine on mastering duties, and don't know how much I'd experiment with it in that regard, however...

It's seems uber useful if you toss the mastering context out and look at Iron for it's versatility & toneshaping options on individual elements / bus duties. In that respect I'd put it with an elite few.

polysixx
KVRer
19 posts since 19 Jul, 2010

Re: Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:09 pm

DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:25 pm
My personal opinion is that Iron sounds sweet, very clean and transparent, but is far from being the best compressor I've ever heard (and I find it very hard to tweak it exactly to taste). I've been very surprised by the comments I've read on Gearslutz too.
I think a large portion of self proclaimed GS experts (who never have time to mix/finish songs and release them because they post on there 100 times a day in every thread about ... everything) are more impressed by GUIs than sound and functionality.

If you dress it up, it's a winner, aka the "Acustica syndrome" with their rendered GUIS that impress the eyes and lead everyone, sheep like, into drinking the placebo koolaid. And the "Waves syndrome" with their branding (while a lot of waves plugs don't pass muster on analog emulation)

Pay Greg Wells to endorse your plug and the sheepy thinkers suddenly feel validated into purchase, thinking "ok I don't need to test it for myself and see if it's just hype it's been pre-vetted by a pro", and that sells, even when the Pro may not realise there's already 100 other plugs that do the same job. Marketing > reality in many places, and plug-ins are one of those, the higher/better/more expensive the marketing, the more suspicious I am of the quality/company/results. I've learned this from experience. Many smaller/quieter devs put out really good stuff without big names or hype (Fuse Audio, Black Rooster, Kazrog etc)

The placebo/marketing hype applies with this comp no doubt as it's based on real hardware and looks quite slick.

PA have always been hit or miss for me anyway with most of their analog emulations.

Return to “Effects”