UVI Portal - basilcay re-downloads your entire collection slowly!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 pm I just looked at my account - it looks like I can download as normal, ie I don't need to use the portal?
Yeah it's just an extra available download option luckily - I was just assuming (well, hoping!) the Portal would save having to redownload (for example) the entire 19gb .rar of World Traditions when all they've done is tweak a few bytes in the scripting part of the instrument

mcbpete wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:15 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 pm I just looked at my account - it looks like I can download as normal, ie I don't need to use the portal?
Yeah it's just an extra available download option luckily - I was just assuming (well, hoping!) the Portal would save having to redownload (for example) the entire 19gb .rar of World Traditions when all they've done is tweak a few bytes in the scripting part of the instrument
OK thanks. I had the same thing when I had to re download the 15 Gb Strings 2. I don't think it was too slow. Oddly GForce did the same thing when they released Streetley Tapes 4 around the same time.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I could be wrong, but I think UVI's UFS file format is what is preventing the capability of patching the sound library with just the necessary changes. It is my speculation that patching a UFS file on a user's machine would require that the software code which knows how to read and write to UVI's proprietary UFS file format would also need to be run from the user's machine, which would then open the door for hackers to be able to learn how to circumvent the digital rights management scheme encoded in commercial UFS files.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi think that @tonedef71 pretty much nailed it.
That’s why they must maintain the option to still update/download from our accounts just the way it is now.

Return to “Instruments”