Can you help a user with a support question?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I am having issues with a specific plugin (from sonible) and I am not able to get any help from them about it. I am pretty sure its a problem specific to my system. I'd like to see if I can sort it out. I am not a dev in any context. Since Sonible won't help me I was wondering if its possible for someone with the skillz required to help me. I am on Logic Pro 10.4.4 and macOS 10.12.6. PM me if you are willing to try and help me solve the problem, I can give you all the details. thanks! :phones:

We can’t look at source code, so we’re in the dark as much as you are, especially if you don’t post any infomation at all.

Fair enough. I can supply things like console dumps etc but I dont know if those would be of any use. The problem is the plugin crashes when it loads in Logic. It will also crash other apps except for one. If I create a new user account it works fine. I think there might be something amiss with my account. But perhaps its just a perm issue or something. Again I am not sure if anyone other than sonible can help. Doing a re-install from a fresh account is an option but very very tedious having to re-install all the music software but I know its an option. Its not worth the effort to fix the plugin. So I was hoping to get it working in the current account.

plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 am If I create a new user account it works fine.
So, it works then? Why not use the new user account? I don't understand why Sonible won't help if you've told them this.

Dave H.

quikquak wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 am If I create a new user account it works fine.
So, it works then? Why not use the new user account? I don't understand why Sonible won't help if you've told them this. Dave H.
It works when I install the plugin with a newly created account. If I were to solve the problem by creating a new account I would have to install all the software I have on the other account - that is tons of installs - the hours and hours it would take is not worth getting this plugin to work. However I was hoping to solve the problem myself with some help ideally because I've tried all the things I could think of.

Sonible said they dont know what the problem is and stopped replying to my emails about it. I think they are one of those "devs" that doesn't do in-house coding but hires contractors - so spending time trying to help one user's specific problems is not something they seem to be intrested in.

Knowing how you ranted in the fabfilter forum i can imagine how the emails must have looked like :tu:

DPhil wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 pm Knowing how you ranted in the fabfilter forum i can imagine how the emails must have looked like :tu:
The emails were fine. I just asked for help. Sonible stopped replying after their dev said they couldn't be of help. Can you please keep the thread on topic, thanks. If you any off-topic concerns you can PM me. :phones:

I thought you said it was only one plugin that was at fault, so re-install everything else?

Only one plugin? Uninstall it and forget about it. I'm sure there are a few hundred others that can do the same thing.
~stratum~

stratum wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm Only one plugin? Uninstall it and forget about it. I'm sure there are a few hundred others that can do the same thing.
Normally that would be the case but the plugin is smartEQlive which adjust the EQ curve in real time as audio is input. The only other plugin I know that does this in a similar way is smarEQ however that stops the EQ correction process after a set time. smartEQlive runs the auto EQ constantly which I have found very useful when I've tried it on my other non-music macbook. Hence why I am reaching out to try and find a solution. However, it's not worth the time and effort to completely re-install all my software. alas.

Why not use the two accounts? The new one for the erroneous plug and keep the other with the other account?

quikquak wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:56 pm Why not use the two accounts? The new one for the erroneous plug and keep the other with the other account?
Are you just having a go at me? :hyper: If I have the plugin installed in the other account, how am I going to access it from the main account? I think there is something amiss, likely due to permissions, in ~/ but I can't seem to find the problem. Anyway, thanks all for reaching out. I'll just do without for now. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:06 pm
stratum wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm Only one plugin? Uninstall it and forget about it. I'm sure there are a few hundred others that can do the same thing.
Normally that would be the case but the plugin is smartEQlive which adjust the EQ curve in real time as audio is input. The only other plugin I know that does this in a similar way is smarEQ however that stops the EQ correction process after a set time. smartEQlive runs the auto EQ constantly which I have found very useful when I've tried it on my other non-music macbook. Hence why I am reaching out to try and find a solution. However, it's not worth the time and effort to completely re-install all my software. alas.
Based on this description it looks like a multiband compressor followed by an expander could do something similar.
~stratum~

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”