Multi tap delays

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, I looked at the PSP, the Supertap and liked both, but somehow I missed the UVI. Too bad and agree Sampleconstruct, it too looks pretty amazing. I couldn't agree more though codec, if I was left with only one type of effect to work with, it'd be delay without a doubt and they are always a major part of my compositions building rhythm and complexity with their interactions among each other. I'll get on the forum too Tappistry-good name there man- and like my fellow forum people on the U-he forum too. Lots of very informed and knowledgeable people there too. Anyway, it's been a good post and appreciate all the ideas and contributions guys.

rockmachine wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:53 pm So the plunge was taken, and Blue Cat's Late Replies it is. While there also downloaded their really nice free pack to add to the arsenal. Nice looking and great sounding for basic effects one uses all the time Also admire how they incorporate one being able to use other effects inside of their delay. Nice touch. I'm also amazed at how great the reverbs in this. Highly recommended and think its expense is easily justified given how amazing it is and sounds.
Thank you for choosing our plug-in. Glad that you like it! Welcome to the family! :tu:

BCA- Thanks for the nice welcome and as I said above, I did a ton of research on all the most complex software delays after opting out of the uber expensive, but very great Rainmaker Eurorack choice. And ultimately, I see few things that your delay can't do so as well as it, or any other of the very best software delays I looked into. I already own U-he's MFM2, which I am sure you probably know of, and it's very good at lots of things too, but the Late Replies seems a quantum leap ahead of it. One of the things that entranced me so much about the Rainmaker was its ability to pitch shift specific delays, enabling melodies to be created, but with yours being able to place any up to 4 effects in numerous parts of the signal chain also gives yours a huge advantage over most others. Major kudos to you for also enabling VST effects to be used instead of doing the usual proprietary thing. And I think its ability to do very convincing reverbs sets it apart and the best ones don't have that horrible boxy sound that makes them unusable for me. I am still getting familiar with somethings having only had it a few days, but printing out the manual- I know, egads!- has really helped me as I can study it away from the PC. Anyway, guess you know I where stand on it and man, is it fun to play and experiment with, let alone dissect some of the presets to get into the innards of it. Kudos and a five star alongside them!
Last edited by rockmachine on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit OT, but not entirely... if someone has Bitwig, the Bitwig device Delay-4 has 4 separate delay lines. Each delay line can have its own unlimited FX chain (including VST's) and you can also put a separate FX chain (including VST's) in the feedback path of each delay line. One can also use the FX Layer device to layer 2 Delay-4's for 8 delay lines.

late replies is brilliant - but for anyone who hasn't bought yet, don't forget BC's Axiom comes with a full version of late replies as an embedded effect, so if you think the rest of axiom would be useful, it might be a better way to go than just LR on its own.

Interesting read, as the OP pointed out he wanted a shift on each tap. In the 90‘s I was controlling a Boss SE-70 with my homegrown Max patch. It had 12 taps with pitch shift. That was the bginning of a bigger patch I called later „les Ondes Memoriélles“. I am still using it (without SE-70 of course). I can play a melody via Midi, and that will set the delays and shifts. Up to 48 at the moment and seperate feedback for several taps, max delay up to minutes... In theory it would be possible to turn it into a M4L device, but I never got into Live as DAW. (Bitwig is so much more fun...)

Return to “Effects”