VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Definitely Iranian Rial. Lol

You guys are brutal!
---------------------------
http://www.thaproducerz.com

I dont dispute other plugins emulations as being useful, but also being a old head I like what real analog sounds like and I haven't found anything yet that comes close to the Vibe that i get from analog.

i find others offer the 95% but miss the mark on that last 5% and for me the sound is King. If my cpu couldnt handle many instances of plugins theres always the option to freeze. Yes its a different workflow but the results at least for me are evident and much appreciated.

I will actually be doing a Nebula video to show the benefits of the platform and how i use it in my workflow. Its been needed.

Skip
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm
YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 am I litterally have a million dollar sound with the simple setup i have.

But yeah, its not for everyone.
Wow you actually made a million dollars with your music produced with acoustica plugins?
Not USD. I think he meant Iranian Rial.
Nope! it was monopoly money :D

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:40 pm I dont dispute other plugins emulations as being useful, but also being a old head I like what real analog sounds like and I haven't found anything yet that comes close to the Vibe that i get from analog.

i find others offer the 95% but miss the mark on that last 5% and for me the sound is King. If my cpu couldnt handle many instances of plugins theres always the option to freeze. Yes its a different workflow but the results at least for me are evident and much appreciated.

I will actually be doing a Nebula video to show the benefits of the platform and how i use it in my workflow. Its been needed.
I presume you also have all the original hardware to compare it with?

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:40 pm
So you indeed think that Nebula emulates the hardware audibly more accurately than the emulations of all other vendors - well then, as I mentioned before, please prove it! If these are your findings then it should be very easy to come up with some audio examples to back up your claim.

Did you do some ABX testing btw.? Also: which of the Nebula emulations did you compare to which hardware and what were the other plugin emulation that were less accurate?

Bmanic, can you help the guy out perhaps?

Let's get this settled once and for all. I'll keep tightening the screws.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:40 pm i find others offer the 95% but miss the mark on that last 5% and for me the sound is King.
Which ones exactly did you shoot out against hardware? Do you own the hardware or was that somewhere in a studio? I'm all ears.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm I presume you also have all the original hardware to compare it with?
He must have, otherwise he would not make these sort of claims, right?

jens wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:12 pm
YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:40 pm
So you indeed think that Nebula emulates the hardware audibly more accurately than the emulations of all other vendors - well then, as I mentioned before, please prove it! If these are your findings then it should be very easy to come up with some audio examples to back up your claim.

Did you do some ABX testing btw.? Also: which of the Nebula emulations did you compare to which hardware and what were the other plugin emulation that were less accurate?

Bmanic, can you help the guy out perhaps?

Let's get this settled once and for all. I'll keep tightening the screws.
exactly this ^

for every developer who claims doing accurate emulations of audio hardware
be that may u-he, slate, roland, uad, tal, etc etc there are many side-by-side
public comparisons of the hardware and software set to match as perfectly as possible.

EXCEPT acustica, where the exactness of the emulation is an article of
religious dogma, and side by side comparisons are NEVER presented either
by the company or the fans.

So if you like acustica, that is charming, but please do not profess that it is an acurate
hardware emulation until you produce the proof.

I really like White Sea Studio, he's done some good stuff, like his mastering shootouts. Having said that, his shtick is that he just dives into software reviews without reading the manual, so they need to be taken with a grain of salt. I personally watch his videos just because I think he's quite funny.
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He's far from infallible and could define the scope/rules of his comparisons better. But he comes across as genuinely interested in learning more and sharing knowledge and experiences with others. A lot of the time all that's needed is gain matching and null testing, so fair play for doing it and documenting it.

Acustica sample the hardware itself instead of emulating, that’s why it sounds so good. Try the plugins yourself or don’t, makes no difference to anyone else. Why should he do comparisons just for those not convinced? I for one will not got back to algorithmic plugins except for the stuff Acustica can’t physically do. Anyway less people using these plugins is fine with me, you all stay away :D Sweet

tomheavybeats wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:45 pm Acustica sample the hardware itself instead of emulating, that’s why it sounds so good. Try for yourself the plugins or don’t, makes no difference to anyone else. Why should he do comparisons just for those not convinced? I for one will not got back to algorithmic plugins except for the stuff Acustica can’t physically do. Anyway less people using these plugins is fine with me, you all stay away. Sweet

This.

I will not be doing a harware comparison. Not going to happen. The fact that hardware is being sampled in like manner as a convolution reverb is enough for me to understand what is on offer. If people dont like the plugins cool. Im not here to convince people otherwise, you judge for yourselves, and some have already done so. Its not poetic or religious in any way.
I just like good sound and i get that through these plugins, and through UAD, waves and a score of others that i use. No worries

tomheavybeats wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:45 pm Acustica sample the hardware itself instead of emulating, that’s why it sounds so good. Try the plugins yourself or don’t, makes no difference to anyone else. Why should he do comparisons just for those not convinced? I for one will not got back to algorithmic plugins except for the stuff Acustica can’t physically do. Anyway less people using these plugins is fine with me, you all stay away :D Sweet
That's religious nonsense. You believe and you believe you know. Religious folks can't tell one from the other. Facts, logic and science mean nothing to you.Without gullible believers like you Acustica would have to close shop. As there's so few of you, they have to sell at high prices in order to make enough money (Giancarlo himself basically said as much). But because cult-followers will always do what their leaders demand of them, you will gladly pay their prices. It will make you feel worthy, enlightened and superior. Acustica feast on your insecurity. religious cults always work like that. Because you do not believe in your own strength, you need them to enhance your self-confidence.
Last edited by jens on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YISH313 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:32 pm

I will not be doing a harware comparison. Not going to happen. The fact that hardware is being sampled in like manner as a convolution reverb is enough for me to understand what is on offer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly!!!

That's priceless! :-D

Return to “Effects”