Does anyone know VST emulation of Alesis 3630 compressor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@midnight wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Why not read the thread instead of calling people names.
Why not just answer the OP's question instead of giving your opinion on the hardware, asking him why he wants it, etc etc...?

Whooop whoop whoop whoop...because this is a discussion forum SGT airlock...
He wants a 3630 plugin. You are trying to tell him why that's stupid.
I realize that reading isn't your best skill, but, no, he didn't.
That's pretty douchebaggy.
Well, you seem to be the authority...

What?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

there is no way to reason with a sociopath when it involves empathy

the way you reply to them when asked "why would you ever want that?!" is:

"NONE OF YOUR F'IN' BUSINESS!" :lol:

this has of course nothing to do with this thread or anyone in it, but it could be useful to remember ;)
:hug:

In simple words i used to own one, nice on drums with a nice sound to it+ it has sidechains and gate, a great swiss army dynamics tool. The problem was i had software that did mostly the same so it sat around doing nothing as i couldnt be bothered to keep routing the audio in and out of my computer in to the 3630.

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cgbp/Pr ... F11.02-10E

These come close to what your after, good free dynamics,try these on for size

@midnight..

I am a bit surprised by your reactions. I certainly didn't try to come out as an elitists.
It's quite the opposite actually. I have some of the cheapest hardware available in my recording setup that you can imagine. I never dislike anything based on what it costs.
I also always read my posts at least twice before I send them to make sure I don't disrespect anyone or start any flamewars. If I have been disrespectful in this thread it might be because of the language barrier.
All I ever did was honestly wondering why OP wanted an emulation of 3630 because I don't remember it being any good. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not that often when someone asks an emulation for something that's not considered to be classics.

I also don't see me or anyone else being elitist in this thread.
Having an negative opinion of 3630 does not make anyone an elitists, and most certainly not a douchebag either. I need to remind you that we are all adults, so lets leave the name calling to children, ok?

About the link in your post. People have lots of expensive stuff and they also like cheap stuff like the 3630's. I can understand this of course. But what I don't understand is that why it somehow seems to make me "disqualified" to participating this thread and expressing my opinion?
Should I suddenly change my mind about the 3630 because even "pro's" use it?

Here is something we should remember when we communicate with each other:
Asking questions is a normal part of the discussion. If you find yourself getting aggressive every time someone asks a question or has an different opinion than yours, then perhaps you need a little break from such forums as KVR?

What I've always disliked about internet forums is that people usually forget that they are actually communicating with another human beings that have feelings too.

I suggest you to follow your own advice of thinking twice before posting here as I find your posts pretty aggressive and disrespectful.

Wondering if there is something like the 3630 in 2019. :phones:

Well... just for the record :P NightShine is available for free (a 3630 based compressor).

https://www.discodsp.com/nightshine/

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:44 pm Well... just for the record :P NightShine is available for free (a 3630 based compressor).

https://www.discodsp.com/nightshine/
Nice work, George. You were helpful in the original post, ducked out while everyone else hurled insults at each other, and swooped right back in at the end to offer the plug-in for free. Impeccable timing, sir! :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Didn't Daft Punk make all their money with the 3630? If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for the OP.

There is some kind of mod you can do with the hardware 3630,that makes it sound like a big name
compressor.

I own a 3630. Picked one up for something like $40 many years ago. As a normal compressor it's pretty much garbage. However there is one sound it does that can be very useful and I've yet to find anything else that sounds like it. The sound is extreme attack fast drum slam. It's kinda like an 1176 all buttons in sound, but different and unique. It makes a great top transient layer in electronic drum productions.

Everyone talks about Daft Punk using a 3630 and I 100% believe it. I don't even think it was modded as rumor would have it, because that slam mode fed into a saturating analog mixer sounds just like Daft Punk drums.

I would love to have software that emulated it. It's a useful sound and the workflow of having it in plugin form would be worth more to me than the $40 I paid for the hardware.

btfnk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 am I own a 3630. Picked one up for something like $40 many years ago. As a normal compressor it's pretty much garbage. However there is one sound it does that can be very useful and I've yet to find anything else that sounds like it. The sound is extreme attack fast drum slam. It's kinda like an 1176 all buttons in sound, but different and unique. It makes a great top transient layer in electronic drum productions.

Everyone talks about Daft Punk using a 3630 and I 100% believe it. I don't even think it was modded as rumor would have it, because that slam mode fed into a saturating analog mixer sounds just like Daft Punk drums.

I would love to have software that emulated it. It's a useful sound and the workflow of having it in plugin form would be worth more to me than the $40 I paid for the hardware.
The 3630 Clicks with too fast of an attack time.Maybe they fixed it in a later model.

Why not just help the guy out instead of being elitist, douchebaggy, etc...?
Oh for F#CKSAKE. That's about THE most asinine "douchebaggy" response I've EVER seen here. I've been here a LONG time and read a LOT "douchebaggy" arrogant responses. But your's about takes the cake. Why? Because DUMBASS the the 3630 is an absolute POS. If you REALLY want to help the op out then EDUCATE him. The 3630 is garbage. There are literally HUNDREDS of better hardware AND FREE VST compressors. There is NOTHING charming, or gritty or dirty or any other "desirable" adjective one can use to describe this POS. Just do the OP a favor and steer him towards a DECENT plugin instead of getting on your damn soapbox and bitching out the rest of us out for stating the f*cking obvious.

Dear OP......here are some compressor plugins that blow the 3630 out of the water:

https://www.producerspot.com/download-b ... au-plugins

And there's plenty more out there.

And BTW......
Didn't Daft Punk make all their money with the 3630?
NO. They made their money by BEING Daft Punk. That statement is as ridiculous as claiming that David Gilmour became rich and famous simply because he used an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff.....GEAR does not make you a star.

Cheers......CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:06 am Why? Because DUMBASS the the 3630 is an absolute POS.
Keep in mind that you're replying to an ancient post from a user that hasn't been active on KVR in the last 6 years...

Return to “Effects”