HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 19/20 Products

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3593 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Friday I posted the Group Buy at the NI Kontakt forum.
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ts.345649/
Can someone post the Group buy with links in the Gearslutz, Reddit, Cakewalk forums?
You may copy my post.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

Paul Corello
KVRist
89 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 6/17 Products so far

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 am

Just purchased Dark Matter this morning, after watching the Walkthrough video twice and wondering how much I could use it: instant success and I love it, I think it's one of the best user assisted randomisers I have! The manual is superbly written and everything I have had to ask, has been easily found and answered. Maybe you could make this available, before purchase, even though the questions, for me, didn't arise until I owned Dark Matter, but I have downloaded many a pdf, before buying and they have helped my decisions.

killmaster
KVRian
1097 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 am

Paul Corello wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 am
Just purchased Dark Matter this morning, after watching the Walkthrough video twice and wondering how much I could use it: instant success and I love it, I think it's one of the best user assisted randomisers I have! The manual is superbly written and everything I have had to ask, has been easily found and answered. Maybe you could make this available, before purchase, even though the questions, for me, didn't arise until I owned Dark Matter, but I have downloaded many a pdf, before buying and they have helped my decisions.
Good idea and I feel much the same about Dark Matter. I bought it in part that it could help the group buy succeed and am loving it like I do all Andy's inventions. I love how your ideas for new projects evolve with every new interation! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Astralp
KVRAF
1895 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks everyone, and many thanks for posting on the NI forum kalamata kid :)

I’m really proud of Dark Matter, although I always tend to like my last project, you tend to forget about the previous ones especially when developing intensively for the GB. It struck me it would also make a great midi Sequencer at some point. I’m glad I released it’s certainly given the Group Buy a decent boost which will hopefully continue.

It’s also great to know my manuals are ok, it’s really hard to write them when you are so technically involved in the product itself, so that’s great to hear! Great idea uploading the manual, I’ll try and get that sorted this afternoon. Please consider writing reviews on the over product page, as well as the hgs product page, I never get reviewed these days.

I’ll have an update video on Succession at some point today, it’s progressing well :)

Paul Corello
KVRist
89 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am

"Please consider writing reviews on the over product page, as well as the hgs product page, I never get reviewed these days."
I actually had not realised: Plugin Boutique do an easy one, out of 5 stars:
SOUND QUALITY, VALUE FOR MONEY, EASE OF USE, FEATURES, PRESETS.
DAG:Sampleism/Kontakt Hub, which I have used a fair bit, give a discount incentive, which I do not expect you to do, but as I have written several for others, over the years: "it’s really hard to write them when you are so technically involved in the product itself,": I find this, when I really like so much detail and usefulness about something, but I shall endeavour or even strive to accommodate!
Just posted one for Dark Matter!
Last edited by Paul Corello on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:28 am

haha point taken :)

zedd
KVRian
974 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Wow... it feels like we are stuck... it's been 4 joiners needed to unlock the next level for a few days now. :o

We've gotta get some more eyes (or ears) on this GB...

-----------------

Oh... my mistake... The graphic on the front page of HGSounds had not updated itself to show the current status. And neither did I receive any indication that the next level had been unlocked.

But it has!!! We've unlocked Level 4 and are barreling towards Level 5.

This is good! Gonna do some exploring tonight of the new instruments! :party:
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd
KVRian

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 4/17 Products so far

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Astralp wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 pm
we've made it! Level 4 is unlocked and 'Bass Collection' is ready for download which includes, Mosaic, Magic Thread and ReaniBass. Please let me know which you like the most out of them and why :)

Weird... KVR did not forward this post to me (or any notifications since). I had no idea until just a few minutes ago.

Good news and congratulations!

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:37 am

It sounds like you may have browser cache issues with the stats graphic and seeing an old version instead. The actual number is always displayed on the GB home page which wont suffer from cache issues :) are you on the mailing list? I send out a weekly newsletter with the latest GB news.

As promised here's a video of Succession. The middle section hasn't had much attention yet. The main new features are:
  • The ability to use the Velocity sequencer to select a different waveform from the current Bank which overrides the current wave. But I'm going to make it an offset of this so you can shift through different combinations easily/automate the Wave knob.
  • The ability to use the Velocity Sequencer to Sequence start Offsets between 0% and 100% of the files length. I've added the Morphs Bank from Dark Matter which are great for using with this.
  • Expanded the Synth with more parameters and built an Editor with Knobs which makes editing sounds easier. You select which Synth to edit with the 1-4 Buttons.
  • Built a Preset System for Synth Sounds with the ability to load, save and rename them. The idea is really about getting a bunch of useful presets and then you can easily just change the Waveform and tweak.
Still a bit to do but it's getting closer. The video is a bit glitchy for some reason, not sure why.

https://youtu.be/ud2ALMFBCuQ

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4940 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Looks good. Do all waves/loops auto-stretch to selected key/scale?

hardwired
KVRist
280 posts since 25 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 pm

1 closer to the next level...couldn't possibly miss out this year.
While I *now* know the Group Buy link is in your sig, might be a good idea to put it front & center of your post. Was searching for a link to follow.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 pm

It doesn't use loops this one, it's basically 4 standard synthesizers that use waveforms. It has all of the Waves from Motion as well as the Morphs/Wavetables Bank from Dark Matter. So no stretching involved, all rhythm is created by the Sequencers :) As a result the CPU usage is nice and low too compared to the loop based instruments.

welcome onboard hardwired :) It's already on the 1st page of the thread is that what you mean?

hardwired
KVRist
280 posts since 25 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:16 pm

LOL I think I'm just going blind. Don't know how I missed it.

zedd
KVRian

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Astralp wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 pm
It's already on the 1st page of the thread is that what you mean?
I think he's suggesting you create a signature which includes a link to the Group Buy so it can be instantly visited from any of your posts.

But I see that it is there now, and I didn't notice it before either.
Last edited by zedd on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 pm

zedd wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:17 pm
Astralp wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 pm
It's already on the 1st page of the thread is that what you mean?
I think he's suggesting you create a signature which includes a link to the Group Buy so it can be instantly visited from any of your posts. Not a bad idea. 8)
It's always been in my signature?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”