OP-X Pro II vs....?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in LOVE with the sound of this synth. It even rivals Diva...which is saying a LOT.

But I'm not in love with the controls and the preset browser. Unless I'm missing something (which I might be) you can't observe any control values or return the knobs to their default position with a mouse-click. I NEED that. The preset system feels pretty clunky. You can't browse with up/down arrows.

Again, the analog modelling is PERFECTION. But the control surface still needs work imo.

Sound Author wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 pmIt even rivals Diva...which is saying a LOT.
Unless you are on a Mac... unfortunately

I'm a Windows guy, but there appears to be a Mac version. Bugs?

Sound Author wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm I'm a Windows guy, but there appears to be a Mac version. Bugs?
There is? Since when??

Okay... no Mac version still

Just cause OP-X is close to OS-X doesn't count :hihi:

Oh, I know nothing about the Mac world. Probably never will. PC4LIFE :D

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:06 pm Okay... no Mac version still

OP-X Pro II is available in a Mac version. It comes with AU and VST3. No VST2.

It's currently on sale for €85.

http://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/purchase.html

I absolutely love the new GUI actually, especially since it got rid of the virtual keyboard. All in one page and a ton of options.
It takes some effort to learn it, especially the lower row of switches, but overall can't complain.

Spectacular emulation, also extremely CPU efficient.
Sound Author wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 pmBut I'm not in love with the controls and the preset browser. Unless I'm missing something (which I might be) you can't observe any control values or return the knobs to their default position with a mouse-click. I NEED that.
I don't think you're missing anything, it looks like the dev made a deliberate choice towards a pretty "hardware-like" experience. workflow-wise.
No values showed for knobs, no default positions, pretty much each knob has to be set by ear.
It probably is'nt the most functional workflow, althought there's a beauty to it. :love:
Last edited by Niowiad on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teilo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:13 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:06 pm Okay... no Mac version still

OP-X Pro II is available in a Mac version. It comes with AU and VST3. No VST2.

It's currently on sale for €85.

http://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/purchase.html
huh... indeed! when did that happen?

Thanks for the heads up

From their website (scroll down a bit): OP-X PRO-II released for Mac and x64! 09/30/2015

So much about flying under the radar. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 pm From their website (scroll down a bit): OP-X PRO-II released for Mac and x64! 09/30/2015

So much about flying under the radar. :)
Yeah... first I heard about it... 3 years later!

- Just PM'd Peter999 (was a sonicprojects guy) & asked/invited him to be part of this discussion - let's see what happens -

Peter999 used to be on here a lot.

Great synth. The demo muting is staggeringly annoying, though.

bill45 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:57 pm Peter999 used to be on here a lot.
According to his stats: the last time he was signed on here was November of last year - the last time he posted here was 2014.

It's been a while.

So what I'm going to do is give it a couple of days; then email sonicprojects if Peter doesn't get back to me (us) - invite/ask them to come into this forum (unless someone has a better idea - or a direct connection to/with sonicprojects)

Return to “Instruments”