Someone said this was Snake Oil...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lots of passions here!

In my experience the mainstay of acustica audio plugins and why i use them is the analog tone offered, really nothing more, preamps harmonics and eq is what i find to be the main benefit of the tech. As far as accurately modeling a specific peice of gear not really, for instance driving there plugins dont distort like the hardware, but who uses distortion on every track. Just the analog essence is more than enough in my productions, tape, preamp, eq, mics and other tone libraries get the job done for"me"
---------------------------
http://www.thaproducerz.com

funky lime wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:33 pm Does nobody here print tracks?

If a plugin sounds great but uses tons of CPU, print it and disable. Then you can use unlimited instances.

If you want hardware sound, sometimes you gotta use hardware workflow, i.e. commit to a sound and move on.

Unfreezing is still way less of a hassle than "reamping"
Ok, time for me to chime in here. Specifcally about Acustica. Specifically about Nebula 4. In Logic Pro (I don't know about other DAWS) even if you freeze tracks and/or disable Nebula 4 it still consumes full CPU. Yes, you read that correctly. AA confirms this and considered is a feature. :dog: :dog:

Feature? Why the hell is that a feature

Ploki wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 pm Feature? Why the hell is that a feature
AA says it "reduces CPU spikes". :hyper:

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:15 pm Why do Acustica Audio products court so much controversy ?

Both fans and haters are equally quite vicious when it comes to attacking each other whilst those of us who are indifferent are left puzzled why it gets so intense
I'd put this down on the company itself. They have always been extremely hype oriented and always say everything is "the best evah!!!!". It's probably a cultural thing. Italians have a tendency to exaggerate things quite freely.

.. this doesn't go well down with a lot of people though, which then leads to controversy and for some an immediate dislike and turn towards "hating".

They've also had a really long history of problems on various systems and also a lot of bugs in the sampling. Combine this with the hefty system requirements and you are bound to get a lot of unhappy customers.

Though to be fair, they've been 100% forthright about all of this. They've never tried to downplay any of their faults when it comes to the quirkyness and have been rapidly improving. For instance right at this moment they are upgrading the whole plugin line to the latest core version of their technology. Updates have always been completely free to all existing users, even when they have been massively expanded and completely new plugins have been introduced.

So yeah, this in turn leads to people who accept and understand the quirks of the system to heavily defend the company due to feelings of loyalty.

All of this combined with the current polarized climate where people don't seem to be able to disagree about things without going all nuts, leads to what you can now witness online. The era of moderate thinking and accepting differences and flaws has gone the way of the dodo. Radicals on all fronts rule the interwebs right now and entitlement and child like behavior is the current norm.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 pm

If a plugin sounds great but uses tons of CPU, print it and disable. Then you can use unlimited instances.

If you want hardware sound, sometimes you gotta use hardware workflow, i.e. commit to a sound and move on.

Ok, time for me to chime in here. Specifcally about Acustica. Specifically about Nebula 4. In Logic Pro (I don't know about other DAWS) even if you freeze tracks and/or disable Nebula 4 it still consumes full CPU. Yes, you read that correctly. AA confirms this and considered is a feature. :dog: :dog:
I for one have never experience that on any of my DAWs though i do not own Logic. Why would disabling any plugin consume CPU, that makes no sense,unless Logic isnt actually bypassing the plugin!

I think that may be the bypass within the plugin itself, if so i can understand that, for a/ bing since the plugs can have latency.

bmanic wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm All of this combined with the current polarized climate where people don't seem to be able to disagree about things without going all nuts, leads to what you can now witness online. The era of moderate thinking and accepting differences and flaws has gone the way of the dodo. Radicals on all fronts rule the interwebs right now and entitlement and child like behavior is the current norm.
This is a poignant observation and I agree. However I don't think this has to do with politics. I think it has to do with the mass appeal of the internet. I started using the internt in around 1978. This kind of polarization and arguing was a common mode in the forums (at the time, usenet). Now, most people are on the internet doing the same kind of things. I think it has to do with the nature of the communication medium and human psychology. Hopefully over time people will figure out how to communicate over the internet in a more positive and constructive way. But for now... you can always "foe" me just like bmanic has. :phones:

YISH313 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 pm I think that may be the bypass within the plugin itself, if so i can understand that, for a/ bing since the plugs can have latency.
Not sure what you are talking about. Doesn't matter - in Logic if you freeze tracks, Nebula 4 will continue to consume 100% CPU. Also, if you bypass the plugin either with the Logic plugin bypass or the plugins bypass it will still consume 100% CPU. To me, this is ridiiculous and seriously negatively impacts the usability of using it. :phones:

bmanic wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm The era of moderate thinking and accepting differences and flaws
When was this?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:24 pm
bmanic wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm The era of moderate thinking and accepting differences and flaws
When was this?
Good point. :hihi:

To be fair, I felt much more comfortable speaking my mind 15 years ago than I do today (I still do though). Everything is very quickly taken out of context nowadays. Surely you must have noticed this trend in the past few years? Extreme opinions rule.. middle of the road is not heard from. It's very much black and white now with everything, at least that's how it feels to me.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm All of this combined with the current polarized climate where people don't seem to be able to disagree about things without going all nuts, leads to what you can now witness online. The era of moderate thinking and accepting differences and flaws has gone the way of the dodo. Radicals on all fronts rule the interwebs right now and entitlement and child like behavior is the current norm.
I dunno. I think "internet forum posters" is actually a very small subset of the user base, and an even more minuscule subset of the population as a whole.

I feel like for every "radical" on the internet, there are thousands of people getting along just fine, accepting differences and flaws, or however you want to put it.

If you judge humanity based on internet posts, of course it's going to seem bad. Social media is engineered to monetize our animosity toward each other. But only about 6% of the internet-accessing world population uses Twitter, etc. So we just straight up aren't hearing what the other 94% have to say. It's hard to make sweeping judgements about "the era of blablah" based on such a relatively small sample size.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Internet_usage)
(https://www.omnicoreagency.com/twitter-statistics/)

If you think entitlement and childlike behavior are the norm, maybe at least some of that has something to do with the types of sites you frequent?

If we only base our outlook on the behavior of the so-called radicals, that is selection bias.

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Well nevermind, I stand corrected. :neutral:

Perhaps part of the challenge is that we seem to be struggling with facts vs beliefs. People seem to think strongly that their beliefs are facts. It seems like there is pressure on society to adopt the scientific method in order to sort out facts from beliefs. There seems to be two issues with this: 1) people can be very defensive of their beliefs, 2) people don't know how to properly implement the scientific method. Perhaps this happens because of the encroachment of technology on our lives. And also other scocio-political aspects coming into play.

We suffer from this greatly in audio and music because of the intensely subjective nature of it; While at the same time being a topic of science. Add in the aforementioned convolution around beliefs and facts and it's a wonder we can have conversations at all. :hyper: :phones:

That's a great mix man. Good to hear bringing in algo plugins to work together. See how Beautiful it can be. Thanks so much!

Return to “Effects”