So korg gadget is coming to windows now (inlcuding KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, ARP ODYSSEi and iMono/Poly versions!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
EnGee
KVRAF
5195 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 pm

I don't think the iWavestation, iMonoPoly ..etc are included. The gadgets of those are like 'mini' versions of the iKorg synths in iOS.

Still, there are many gadgets out there and they seem really nice ones. I saw some Oberheim colours (Phoenix) and some others (maybe Roland). They sound good in YouTube but I don't know how useful they are with the very limited functionalities. Anyway, they might increase productivity if used within Maschine (Let's see BONES what he thinks about such workflow as I might consider it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2fX48puo8

If it sells for $299, that is expensive for me, but if they sell the basic one for $50 includes few gadgets and then I can add whatever I like for reasonable prices (say $20 a gadget) that would be great.

I mean I have just bought Aparillo for $59 from JRR Shop and that is a killer modern FM synth, so Korg?
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6473 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: So korg gadget is coming to windows now (inlcuding KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, ARP ODYSSEi and iMono/Poly versio

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:29 am

They would be great for Maschine. But 299 would be way too much.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

egbert101
KVRAF
2289 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Re: So korg gadget is coming to windows now (inlcuding KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, ARP ODYSSEi and iMono/Poly versio

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:01 am

Who cares really? They basically abandoned legitimate Legacy Collection owners, after forcing us to update to a new password protection system while not updating their tiny tiny UI to modern monitors. Stop giving these people money.
<list all your stupid gear here>

W23
KVRist
347 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:35 am

Korg regularly has Gadget sales for 50% off. $150 is much more reasonable. The only reason I haven’t bought it for the Mac is that I have a ridiculous amount of synth plugins already. A plug-in (or a suite of them) needs to be pretty different for me to get on board. I have VA, wavetable, and sample based synthesis out the ying-yang already. However, if I was just starting to buy 3rd party plugs, Gadget would definitely be one of the first.

EnGee
KVRAF
5195 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:27 pm

It would be better if they ported the iSynths to the desktop, but I think I can guess the reason why not now!

At first I thought it's because of the piracy, well, maybe still but my guess they won't benefit from it because every KC/KLC owner would want a free upgrade. But they are wrong because there are people want to pay (reasonably) for upgrading the GUI to the iSynths. I don't know! I just feel that Korg has a messy management not only in software but in hardware business.
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3239 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

yul
KVRian
893 posts since 26 Sep, 2002 from Montreal, CANADA

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:44 pm

They better not make me pay extra for an updated Wavestation GUI in VST...my opinion of this company is already quite low at this point.

CapnLockheed
KVRAF
2223 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Central NY

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Some more droid stuff would be nice too. Kaossilator is a blast to play with on my Samsung tab.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot

sacer
KVRian
511 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:25 am

Is there an update option for korg collection users ?

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0228/

moss
KVRAF
1541 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:05 am

Has someone some real information what is actually part of the Windows Gadget 2 package? The info on their page is pretty sparse...
Is the actual Gadget app available as a plugin or not at all?
Are the M1, Wavestation, etc. included and have a scalable UI?

loungepanda
KVRist
345 posts since 27 Apr, 2013 from Denmark

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:19 am

lol okay... so at release it doesn't feature Recife, Zurich, AbuDhabi, Kamata, Gladstone, Madrid, Vancouver, Lisbon, Stockholm, Salzburg, Montreal, Alexandira, Firenze, Glasgow, Darwin, Lexington, Milpitas and Montpellier.

Plus there's no demo.

:/

Omkar
KVRian
750 posts since 25 Dec, 2007 from Hamburg,Germany

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:35 am

Is it just me?
I can`t decrypt why should I pay $149 for a PC upgrade and I do not know for what? :shrug:
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

SirKen
KVRist
321 posts since 19 Oct, 2012

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:56 am

Did anyone buy this on PC? How is it performing?

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
7826 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Are they kidding? $149 for PC users with no host software, screw that!
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10), Yamaha AG06, Orion 64 bit, Roli Seaboard Rise 25, Ultranova, Rocket, Pulse 2, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno.

SirKen
KVRist
321 posts since 19 Oct, 2012

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:55 pm

https://www.korg.com/sg/news/2019/032202/

Seems they just added 6 of the missing gadgets to the Windows version.

Return to “Instruments”