kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 amThe guy's NOT known because he has cancer. He has been doing tutorials & other loosely music-related videos for years before he got sick.
Maybe but to me he is still completely unknown. Do you have any idea how much garbage gets uploaded to youTube? It's something like 300 hours every minute. Just because you have videos on YouTube, doesn't make you "known". Seriously, that video's had 2700 views, probably half of them from this thread.
Fernando Carvalho wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 pm I don´t remember insulting you, bones. Do something with that anger of yours.
Feel free any time you like, I'm not so thin-skinned as to care what someone I don't know or have never met thinks of me.
Hink - think of this as a thread bump for a synth that looks like it needs to get out to more people. If we had more concrete stuff to talk about, that's what we'd be doing, I'm sure.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

So, watching that video the synth reminds me a little bit of zebra. Dont remember but I dont think zebra does audio rate modulations right? So that feels like the biggest plus to me. But with zebra 3 approaching as well this synth feels less interesting to me. The main point for me is the snapins which I assume you have to buy separately. Same as with multipass I feel like thats the main issue with kilohearts overall business model. I have to buy yet another set of bread and butter effects that I already have just to use their product.

if you're look for the last two posts, the first one of the two had unnecessary flaming at the end and even with the video on topic I deleted it along with the other one. You can post the video again but there is no reason for the flaming and frankly I am pissed off that someone would just snub my requests to stay on topic....NOW GO OFF TOPIC AND SEE YOU NEXT MONTH AND THAT IS EVERYONE...FFS I try to be a nice guy and I just get ignored, thanx for the respect
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink, I didn't see it I promise. Understood now though 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I came across this video which shows more features :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3-l1uaUso

Looks very powerful. Damn

Do we have any indication of the price btw? I just looked up what the complete snap-in bundle "Kilohearts Toolbox" price is: € 299 (and that's apparently saving € 241 from the true value). Link: https://kilohearts.com/products/khs_toolbox

So Phaseplant + the bundle will be somewhere above € 299 unless you get them all bundled with the synth. So let's say they go low and go for 99 (same as multipass) for phaseplant without the snapins thats 399 if you want the full package. Just speculating here.

Thanks for posting that new vid sinemotor. That thing looks like an absolute beast.
Love that it has a sampler engine in it. Added with all those Kilohearts effects... just wow.
It's gonna be pricey, but really hard not to pull the trigger.

PS. to the off-topic shit in this thread: please f**k off.

mrj1nx wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:28 pm Do we have any indication of the price btw?
on musicradar and audiofanzine it says :
Phase Plant is scheduled to land in the spring for PC and Mac. You’ll be able to purchase it for $169/€169 on its own, or $199/€199 in a bundle with the kHs Toolbox Starter.
-the 169€ version includes 6 Snapins FXs (Delay, Chorus, 3-band EQ, Gain, Limiter and Stereo)
-the 199€ version adds 5 more FXs (Compressor, Distortion, Filter, Phaser et Reverb)

If you want the other FXs you have to buy them individually or in bundles.

sinemotor wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:14 pm -the 169€ version included 6 Snapins FXs (Delay, Chorus, 3-band EQ, Gain, Limiter and Stereo)
These are free anyways, so not really a cherry on top.

sinemotor wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:14 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:28 pm Do we have any indication of the price btw?
on musicradar and audiofanzine it says :
Phase Plant is scheduled to land in the spring for PC and Mac. You’ll be able to purchase it for $169/€169 on its own, or $199/€199 in a bundle with the kHs Toolbox Starter.
-the 169€ version includes 6 Snapins FXs (Delay, Chorus, 3-band EQ, Gain, Limiter and Stereo)
-the 199€ version adds 5 more FXs (Compressor, Distortion, Filter, Phaser et Reverb)

If you want the other FXs you have to buy them individually or in bundles.
If I already have Multipass, does that cover the FX? Can they be imported into Phaseplant?

You can import into Phase Plant any Snapin-compatible FX you own.

One sure thing is that Phase Plant is going to cost a lot for someone new to this Snapin things.

Ok so quick scenarios:

#1 you don't use FX in synths very much and like it dry, so the basic version works for you: price: 169

#2, you are happy with the 199 version + lets say 3 additional snapins that you personally want. Avg price for a snapin is ~30, (90 for 3 FX) that brings you between 199 to 290.

#3 you want the full kit. Probably the way to get that unless they bring another upgrade path, is 169 + 299 for the full snapin bundle, that puts you at 468.

The main comparisons I would make is probaby Zebra 3 or Falcon. (any other?) I don't know if these do audio rate modulation on everything so that might be one of the big selling points of Phaseplant. I don't know how the modularity compares between Falcon and Phaseplant.

3 Comparison Alternative "Super synths":
UVI Falcon standard price is at 350 (sale price around 250 ish?) (it has 15 osc types and 80+ FX)
Zebra 2 price at 200 (21 stereo effects: 2× chorus/flanger, 2× delay, 2× EQ, 2× compressor, 2× reverb and more)
Avenger price at 200 (8 Osc types, 30 FX types, but not the modularity right?)
Last edited by mrj1nx on Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:23 pm
If I already have Multipass, does that cover the FX? Can they be imported into Phaseplant?
Multipass only comes with the initial 6 free snapins.

mrj1nx wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:46 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Multipass only comes with the initial 6 free snapins.
Well then I have more than Multipass because I have all their FX.

I bought the Kilohertz Ultimate EDM package for $100 on sale. So whatever that comes with.

Return to “Instruments”