I've been working on new sounds that connect me to God would love to hear what you all think of this?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Feel free to share any constructive criticism or opinions! :hihi: :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/worship

Many blessings!

My Feedback

Music - 6
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8

Comments: Not into hip hop so I'll just comment on the mix and performance. Mix sounds good but could maybe be a db softer. Performance is well done. Musically a little monotonous for me but like I said, not into hip hop.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:24 pm My Feedback

Music - 6
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8

Comments: Not into hip hop so I'll just comment on the mix and performance. Mix sounds good but could maybe be a db softer. Performance is well done. Musically a little monotonous for me but like I said, not into hip hop.
But the big question is what would god think?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm But the big question is what would god think?
If you play it in reverse is it music for dogs?

* Disclaimer: that's not intended to be disrespectful to the OP's God, just an (un)funny observation.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Music - 6
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8

But the big question is what would god think?
I don't know. I don't concern myself with that stuff here.

Music - 6
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8

I'd say this is a fair assessment.
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pmBut the big question is what would god think?
Well, God smiles on everyone who sings about His kingdom.

Mix wise, sounding good to me. What I would say is that the arrangement is pretty full on all the time with no let up. Whilst I do love the inventiveness and the use of the different vocal layering effects, there's not a lot of contrast with any more stripped back sections to really highlight this. I'd take a look at cutting back on some of the layers near the start of the song and introduce them more gradually - same with automating the level of the effects etc.

I'm the son of a preacher man by the way- and the most relentlessly cynical atheist :hihi: Takes all sorts! :D

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:28 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm But the big question is what would god think?
If you play it in reverse is it music for dogs?

* Disclaimer: that's not intended to be disrespectful to the OP's God, just an (un)funny observation.
I'm not following this humour :?
donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:32 pm Mix wise, sounding good to me. What I would say is that the arrangement is pretty full on all the time with no let up. Whilst I do love the inventiveness and the use of the different vocal layering effects, there's not a lot of contrast with any more stripped back sections to really highlight this. I'd take a look at cutting back on some of the layers near the start of the song and introduce them more gradually - same with automating the level of the effects etc.

I'm the son of a preacher man by the way- and the most relentlessly cynical atheist :hihi: Takes all sorts! :D
Haha thanks for this! You've given me somethings to think about for future tracks! Usually the preachers children that go far left how ironic :hihi: Hope you guys get along at least.

Val_Verrel wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Haha thanks for this! You've given me somethings to think about for future tracks! Usually the preachers children that go far left how ironic :hihi: Hope you guys get along at least.
Hehe, yes we've had our arguments many years ago. Whilst I don't agree with the old man's faith and reasoning, I have massive respect for the stuff it inspires him to do (and still does even though he's retired) in terms of charity work for Christian Aid and the help he's always given to local people, and of course me.. :hihi:

I think it could be said to analogous to hate the sin, love the sinner. :D

the humour mentioned above.

god reversed is dog, so in reverse is it music for dogs.

as he said, just a joke on the spelling, not the subject :)

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Val_Verrel wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Hehe, yes we've had our arguments many years ago. Whilst I don't agree with the old man's faith and reasoning, I have massive respect for the stuff it inspires him to do (and still does even though he's retired) in terms of charity work for Christian Aid and the help he's always given to local people, and of course me.. :hihi:

I think it could be said to analogous to hate the sin, love the sinner. :D
those that drink instant coffee , especially those that mix it w/ ovaltine , are consigned
to a special circle in hell ...

'struth ...

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 pm the humour mentioned above.

god reversed is dog, so in reverse is it music for dogs.

as he said, just a joke on the spelling, not the subject :)
Thanks Vurt.

Religious groups used to think metal music when played in reverse was satanic, hence my "joke" as to whether religious music reversed is for dogs. Questionable whether it was funny at all but certainly not after explaining it :lol:

well, no, it wasn't funny.
but i once went to a dutch comedy club, so its not really your fault.

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:57 pm well, no, it wasn't funny.
but i once went to a dutch comedy club, so its not really your fault.
:hihi:

Sounds fairly good. To me it's thick in the middle in a way that's a bit wearing, all the vocal overdubs are crowding each other for example.
Too much all in the same part of the stereo field competing. The bass sound is nice.

It's not like the hip-hop in my area at all, which all has this spastic over-syncopated kick drum flowus interruptus and overwhelming subs.

Return to “Music Cafe”