Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:25 pm Not finished in terms of contrasts and stuff, but a rough glimpse at what we're going for:

Thoughts?

(we've got until, say, early April to change things...)
At first I didn't like this new one, but now it is growing on me. After seeing it over the last few days here and there, it looks better and better. :) The only thing I don't like as much are the sliders, as someone else also mentioned. It would be cool if there could also be an option to use the old skin if at all possible.

Examigan wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:03 pmThe only thing I don't like as much are the sliders, as someone else also mentioned. It would be cool if there could also be an option to use the old skin if at all possible.
Slider will look differently.

The old skin can be used, but the new features won't be visible. There's no way to squeeze those in without substantial work.

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:05 pmThe old skin can be used, but the new features won't be visible. There's no way to squeeze those in without substantial work.
Well at least the update isn't mandatory :D Would you consider building an additional v1-style skin? I recently bought Hive and would update too, but this skin would keep me away from it.

Spend ten minutes with the new skin and you don't want to go back.

Urs, will Hive 2 gonna have Multicore support? if i remember right (might be misinformation) Hive 1 doesnt have ?

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:23 pm Urs, will Hive 2 gonna have Multicore support? if i remember right (might be misinformation) Hive 1 doesnt have ?
Hive uses so little CPU, it would not help.

MultiCore support is only useful if a single instance of a plug-in can cause overloads.

I hope you've fixed the host sync button in the arp so it actually syncs, instead of doing the opposite. Every time you select a new preset you have to deactivate it in order to turn it on. Pretty annoying.

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:23 pm Urs, will Hive 2 gonna have Multicore support? if i remember right (might be misinformation) Hive 1 doesnt have ?
Hive uses so little CPU, it would not help.

MultiCore support is only useful if a single instance of a plug-in can cause overloads.
Ok, well i do still think MC is useful if you are using 10 instances :D

Anyways, are there in plans to fix that bug with FL Studio where high audio rate is being incapable of playback (without setting certain setting in FL wrapper)? LFO at max rate

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there a list of the new modulation sources or is that all top-secret until 2.0 is released?

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:20 pm Spend ten minutes with the new skin and you don't want to go back.
Haha yeah meldaproduction tries to tell the people the same. But that's not how it works :wink:

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:36 pm I was going to check out options to do something similar to Serum, but I still can't cope with dancing/orbiting parameter visualisation balls. There is an idea for an optional detailed modulation overview on each knob, but I'm not sure how to do that for controls which are not knobs.
Yes! Not quite the Christmas tree approach that Pigments has, but more *useful* visual feedback, maybe more visualisation for amp & env (I don't want to have to rtfm every time I forget the difference between quadric, v-slope etc - those things should be communicated effortlessly with good design).

And the middle section could definitely be lighter - a much lighter grey for better definition and legibility of parameters, text etc.

Otherwise it's looking pretty snazzy! Big improvement over the old skin in every way.

I still suggest making the current green a more blue-green to blue hue. Maybe that will make the transition to the new skin easier for those that like the old skin? Unless it was the space ship theme that made it for them. Alternatively maybe you can add it as an optional skin like the orange skin in the current build.

Kinh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 pm I hope you've fixed the host sync button in the arp so it actually syncs, instead of doing the opposite. Every time you select a new preset you have to deactivate it in order to turn it on. Pretty annoying.
It's on my list. Last time I tried, I have stared for two weeks at code that seemed perfectly fine.

Sam-U wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:03 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:20 pm Spend ten minutes with the new skin and you don't want to go back.
Haha yeah meldaproduction tries to tell the people the same. But that's not how it works :wink:
Ok, I give up on that angle.

New angle: Once the layout is set in stone, once the knobs are final and once the backgrounds get proper treatment, it'll look much nicer.

Breach The Sky wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:11 pm I still suggest making the current green a more blue-green to blue hue. Maybe that will make the transition to the new skin easier for those that like the old skin? Unless it was the space ship theme that made it for them. Alternatively maybe you can add it as an optional skin like the orange skin in the current build.
We are discussing optional skins with different layout and different feel.

Return to “Instruments”